Ok so I just got my bumper in from apple and I installed it, and even though it's ugly and feels flimsy it drastically improved my sign reception and stopped the issues from happening.

Think apple plans this to sell more accessories?
    2010-07-08 09:24 PM
    at 20 quid a shield im guessing YES.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2010-07-08 09:39 PM
    It fixes the reception issues and protects from side scratches. that's about it.

iPhone 4 Drop Test with Bumper Case Shows Little Protection - Mac Rumors
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-09 01:29 PM
    at 20 quid a shield im guessing YES.
    I saw somewhere that the gel bracelets, like the yellow Lance Armstrong LiveStrong ones, work just as well. Can usually pick them up in your kids room
    2010-07-09 01:57 PM
    My guess is Apple knew about the reception problem before hand and came out with these bumpers on purpose...
    2010-07-11 11:58 PM
    It fixes the reception issues and protects from side scratches. that's about it.

Man that drop test was horrible to watch! So sad yet it happens all the time
    2010-07-14 08:15 AM
    My guess is Apple knew about the reception problem before hand and came out with these bumpers on purpose...
    Ya thats what I was thinking too. I didn't realize it till the phone came out. Steve's never promoted accessories at any other keynote, so they knew about it and provided a fix.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.
    2010-07-14 04:32 PM

Side scratches? You should see this....[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=967401]Apple bumper scuffing silver band - Mac Forums[/ame]
    2010-07-14 04:50 PM
    I know people here probably will not believe me but here is my experience with the bumper case and reception. I did not feel like taking picture but here is screen captures on a radio stream I have running. I have the bumper case on.

Sitting flat on the table.

In my hand for about 15 to 20 seconds.

Now I was holding it the way people have been showing. I do not hold my phone that way and never have so I do not have the reception issue in weak areas like here. I can hold it forever and it will stay at 1 bar but if I remove the bumper it will go to No Service. Now this does not prevent phone calls from going though but the Data service is gone.
    2010-07-19 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD