notice

I recently installed PhantomSkinz Chromatic, in White Carbon fiber design. The original PhantomSkinz i received was defective (cutouts were rough or missing), but I was quickly taken care of. Here is my quick review of the final product.

Quick Review

An overall unique and flashy look that will literally turn heads. You will not believe how many times I've gotten "oh how did you get the white iPhone?" A couple people have even go as far as to ask to buy the film right off my phone.

Installation is no harder than installing any other film. The material itself gives the iPhone the much needed grip you need to keep it from slipping from your hands. Extremely quick shipping. My suggestion? Buy it. Actually, don't just buy it. Buy it in all the colors!

Order your Phantom Skinz at Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Apple iPhone 4- Colored Protection Film

Use coupon code "summersale2010" to get a 30% discount .

Pictures will be up soon!
    Last edited by realisticmind1; 2010-08-02 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Replacement skins have arrived
    2010-07-23 09:01 PM
    Awesome review can't wait to see finished product

Too bad about the holes and proximity sensor
    2010-07-23 10:09 PM
    How are the cut outs for the back and front? Maybe getting this along with a bumper.
    2010-07-24 03:56 AM
    How are the cut outs for the back and front? Maybe getting this along with a bumper.
    The cuts are rough, But acceptable. I'll be putting up pictures soon enough.

I chose the clear incase for my free case.
    2010-07-24 06:14 AM
    The cuts are rough, But acceptable. I'll be putting up pictures soon enough.

I chose the clear incase for my free case.
    Well would it fit?
    I mean if it is carbon white
    Wouldn't it add bulk to the iPhone just a lil bit?
    Or does it feel like just a normal skin?

Cuz I think the incase will be snug on the iphone to the poit where it wouldn't fit with the skin on
    2010-07-24 07:37 AM
    Well would it fit?
    I mean if it is carbon white
    Wouldn't it add bulk to the iPhone just a lil bit?
    Or does it feel like just a normal skin?

Cuz I think the incase will be snug on the iphone to the poit where it wouldn't fit with the skin on
    it feels like a normal skin. The phone still sits in the dock perfectly, but we'll see what happens when the case arrives.

Added final product pictures.
    Last edited by realisticmind1; 2010-07-25 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'd rather be on two wheels.

2010-07-25 06:38 AM
    Looks nice man

R u definitely going to call for a refund or are you goin to keep it

Cuz it looks really good
    Maybe I'll dump my zagg and get this
    2010-07-25 06:48 AM
    I'm going to ask for a replacement. I love the look and feel, but all of the glaring imperfections really bother me.
    2010-07-25 07:07 AM
    Ok well hopefully it isn't on all of them
    2010-07-25 07:51 AM
    Wow! I like this If anyone else gets one LMK about the quality.
    2010-07-28 12:13 AM
    I installed the phantom skinz carbon one yesterday. I did not install the side ones that go on the metal part since I will be using it with a bumper case. Overall I really like the look. I took off the dang overpriced zapp skin I had in the front and back because it was not compatible with the bumper. Here are some pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-1.jpg   Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-2.jpg   Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-3.jpg   Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-4.jpg   Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-5.jpg   Phantom Skinz Chromatic - White Carbon Fiber Vinyl-6.jpg  
    2010-07-28 12:39 AM
    I installed the phantom skinz carbon one yesterday. I did not install the side ones that go on the metal part since I will be using it with a bumper case. Overall I really like the look. I took off the dang overpriced zapp skin I had in the front and back because it was not compatible with the bumper. Here are some pictures
    Thanks for the pics! Ordered mine earlier this morning and my bumper should be delivered by Aug. 2
    2010-07-28 02:14 AM
    My review has been updated.

Your skin cut out seems to be in much better condition than mine. Thats good to see, maybe mine really was just a flop.
    Last edited by realisticmind1; 2010-07-28 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'd rather be on two wheels.

2010-07-28 04:02 AM
    just bought blue chromatic for iphone 4!
    2010-07-30 10:12 AM
    just bought blue chromatic for iphone 4!
    Gottah post pics web you get them installed
    2010-07-30 11:15 AM
    heres the pics

i think i did a pretty good job
    not great

the screen was the hardest to install and also the front cover
    otherwise easy install

i like the chromatic blue it stands out
    2010-07-31 07:00 AM
    That looks pretty darn good
    2010-07-31 06:40 PM
    Ya the pictures made it darker
    It actually looks much brighter and shiny

I like this alot actually
    2010-07-31 08:30 PM
    I want a straight up white one. I have a serious itch for a white iPhone 4!
    2010-07-31 11:40 PM
    This looks very much like the "icarbon". I have the icarbon on my 3gs and it looks great, and it does increase the gripability (is that a word?) of the phone. I have recommended the icarbon to several friends and they all love it, no ugly cut out problems that I have heard of.
    2011-03-03 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD