User Tag List

Hello my fellow ModMyI'ers.... I would like someone who is familiar with both these components to answer this question.

Many iPhone car kits are not *charging* compatible with iPhone 3G/3GS/4. What many people do is purchase the Scosche PassPORT charging adapter and connect it directly to their iPhone. But what I'd like to do is a little different.

Purchase the ProClip In Dash Car Mount with Passthrough connector and the Scosche PassPORT charging adapter.

If I do this, will the adapter still fix the charging problem since it won't be connected directly to the iPhone, but indirectly connected????

2010-08-14 11:19 PM
    Update: I called Scosche and they said that this will NOT work because the adapter is not plugged directly into the phone. Too bad.

Update to my Update: I called ProClipUSA and they said this SHOULD work because it's a true pass through mount and doesn't manipulate the data being sent from the input to the output side of the holder. I'm going to order the mount/holder and adapter and see if it works. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do!
    Last edited by Thegrassbends; 2010-08-16 at 04:19 PM.
    2010-08-16 04:05 PM
    Please do update. I'm very interested in knowing how it works out for you. Thanks
    2010-08-19 02:46 AM
    It should work, but just be careful. I stopped using my scosche adaptor with my iPhone 4 as it got VERY hot whenever I used it.

After more thought, I can't see why it wouldn't work as unless the active proclip (for the iPhone 4) already has it's own charging workaround, it won't change the wiring, it should just be a simple passthrough as the name suggests.
    Last edited by Amraam; 2010-08-19 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-19 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD