I just stumbled into this site and so far, think itís very helpful. One of the first blogs I came across, was the one about the Stylus-R-Us web site offering what they claim is the greatest stylus in the world. After visiting the site, and watching their YouTube video, it convinced me, to the point I had to order the brass Roger iWand for my iPad, and for my iPhone, the Porsche, and let me tell you, Iím so glad I did. Like many of you, I too tried the PoGo and like, five or six of the others, and not one of them could hold a match to the Stylus-R-Us stylus. Theyíre like, ommmggg what a difference. Like they advertise, there is literally no pressure required to activate anything I touch. Itís like, instant. I am so impressed and thankful cuz all of the other ones need pressure to make them work, and that gets tiring.

Anyway, IĎm just doing my part in passing on good stuff cuz we all know so much stuff these days isnít worth a small to medium size urine hole in the snow. I like how the Roger iWand fits nicely in the fold of my iPad case too. Iím not sure of their URL, but all you gotta do is put beststylus.com in Google and itíll find it. Google is like that.
    2010-08-22 02:41 AM
    Is this stylus any good for actually writing or drawin stuff? I don't own an ipAd, just iPhone, but I do have a touchscreen laptop that uses the same touchscreen type as the iPhone & iPad (capacative) and would like to use this with my laptop mainly. For writing notes and such. Thanks
    2010-08-23 08:53 PM
    Is this stylus any good for actually writing or drawn stuff? I don't own an iPad, just iPhone, but I do have a touchscreen laptop that uses the same touchscreen type as the iPhone & iPad (capacitive) and would like to use this with my laptop mainly. For writing notes and such. Thanks

Hello. Very good question with an even better answer. I too have the iPhone and I have the app Paper Desk,Penultimate, after seeing it on that Stylus-r-us web site and yeah, their stylus works great for these apps. I use my roger iWand on my iPhone like half the time and the other half I use my expensive one that cost $39.99 but both work exactly the same. The guy who owns that site wrote me and said that if you buy their cheapest stylus or their most expensive, it makes no difference. All their styluses have the same tips. So I would say the answer to your question is, writing notes, texting, emails, art work, anything you can do with your finger, their stylus does it 10 times faster and more accurately with no pressure. That'[s what I love about mine. There's no pressure needed to make it work.
    2010-08-23 11:31 PM
    LOL at unvaluablespace thinking this was anything other than a marketing post.
    2010-08-25 04:58 AM
    Inb4close
    2010-08-25 06:38 PM
    [email protected]!

thanks for the heads up! i thought something was kinda fishy to be honest. but never really thought this forum had marketing ploys like that. i almost was gonna buy it too. but when i saw the actual product on the site...to be honest, it actually looks kinda cheap....

do you have any suggestions? i really am looking for a good quality capacative pen, mainly for my laptop, though it would be fun to use on iphone every once in awhile. just the screen is too small for that lol.
    2010-08-26 07:21 AM
    iWand is just hilarious. It actually looks like a plastic tube with two end caps. All for $40 which probably cost $0.03 to make.

Just grab a antistatic bag and there you have something you can make a stylus out of.
    Last edited by sekazi; 2010-08-27 at 04:33 AM.
    2010-08-27 04:24 AM
    sekazi:

you know, i was thinking today i wondered if it would be easy to make a DIY capacative stylus. i noticed all the stylus's of that sort sold online are like a big tip. i was hoping to find something with a fine tip. perhaps i can make my own with a fine tip? and by fine tip i mean like a normal pen tip. not like a pin needle lol.

what would be an antistatic bag for example? thanks
    2010-08-27 09:11 AM
    There are actually many tutorials online for making your own. Antistatic bags just happen to work without the need for you touching it like other materials.

Antistatic bags come on pretty much any computer parts you buy. It works but it is a bit flaky at times. The best one I have see is making a pen out of conductive foam, wire and a old pen shell.
    Make a Capacitive Stylus Pen for your Touch Screen Cell Phone
    2010-08-27 01:06 PM
    Hey sekazi! Thanks alot man! You saved me the money an trouble. Haha. I guess I shouldve googled this I never really gave much thought into the capacative stylus. That guide is so simple to, and I actually DO have the things he asks for. Awesome. I'll try this tonight!

And I was starting to regret purchasing my netbook with the capacative screen. :-D
    2010-08-27 11:21 PM
    I'm with Becky on this one. I was so frustrated trying to type on the tiny little iPhone 4 keyboard. The stylus-r-us stylus is a godsend! I imagine after I get some practice I may even fly. I can't speak to drawing or writing with it, but for typing and navigating, it fits the bill.

I'm no McGuyver so I'll leave the manufacturing to others. For my money, the sylus-r-us is the bomb.
    2010-09-01 09:38 PM
    eballesq:

[email protected]"Old Crow" FOUND ONE! :P

haha, his 1 post gave it away.

see? Im learning :P
    2010-09-02 08:38 AM
    I’m not sure of their URL, but all you gotta do is put beststylus.com in Google and it’ll find it. Google is like that.

hahah SHUT UP!!

edit; your products are **** and overpriced. BAD BUSINESS IDEA, better planning next time!
    2010-09-02 12:27 PM
    hahah SHUT UP!!

edit; your products are **** and overpriced. BAD BUSINESS IDEA, better planning next time!

Hi guy;
    It's really too bad you all think what you do. On that stylusrus page, they have in their contact info that if we want to call them for any reason to send them our phone number and they'll call us. I did that and when they called, it was the wife of the husband and wife team. It's their business and they've had to hire 37 people to keep up with the daily sales, stating that London, Australia, Switzerland and Germany were their highest selling countries. The wife was really nice and I told her of some of the things you guys were saying and she laughed and said, if they only knew what they were missing, they'd kick their own butts. She's right. Call my post anything you want but I have two styluses that I love as much as my iPad itself, they are so cool. We talked for like a half hour and she told me her husband invented this tip and patented it and she said how they receive dozens of emails each week thanking them for coming out with such a great product. Even the inventor of the iPad and iPhone Steve Jobs has and uses them so seriously, if you think you're frivolous comments are valid, be strongly advised they're not. I asked her if I could get a job there and she said I could if I didn't live so far away. My job is at Westinghouse and I like it so I'll not move but I know they're going to put all other stylus companies out of business in the next six months. And when they do, all you kids remember everything you wrote.

Becky
    Last edited by Becky Pink&Soft; 2010-09-03 at 02:58 AM.
    2010-09-02 01:32 PM
    Oh becky my child what a heart warming story. good for you!!
    2010-09-02 01:50 PM
    Oh becky my child what a heart warming story. good for you!!
    And see: I even help you after you bad mouthed me.
    2010-09-03 02:59 AM
    lol, he didnt say anything about you helping him. merely said "good for you" to your "heartwarming story" im pretty sure it was sarcasm, by the way :P
    2010-09-04 11:40 PM
    iWand is just hilarious. It actually looks like a plastic tube with two end caps. All for $40 which probably cost $0.03 to make.

Just grab a antistatic bag and there you have something you can make a stylus out of.

Ahhhh...remember I have the Rogers iWand I bought, that is solid brass and so sturdy and great, it's not even funny. You can't be over 12, to say things like you are. Have you seen their website lately? They now have eight of the finest styluses I've ever seen. PoGo and Boxwave have nothing at all to compare. If you're going to pick apart anything - how about that piece of crap tiny pogo thing? You ever heard the saying, "Don't knock it, until you try it?" You might want to believe in that because you have no idea at all what you are talking about. Now here's a good place for one of your LOL's!!
    2010-09-05 08:41 PM
    Ahhhh...remember I have the Rogers iWand I bought, that is solid brass and so sturdy and great, it's not even funny. You can't be over 12, to say things like you are. Have you seen their website lately? They now have eight of the finest styluses I've ever seen. PoGo and Boxwave have nothing at all to compare. If you're going to pick apart anything - how about that piece of crap tiny pogo thing? You ever heard the saying, "Don't knock it, until you try it?" You might want to believe in that because you have no idea at all what you are talking about. Now here's a good place for one of your LOL's!!

becky what are you still doing here? No one will every truly understand how great these products are! thats why no one will every buy it! Look at the bright side, their prices won't increase due to high demand and you can buy it for cheaper (because right now they are soo worth their 50$)... and its never out of stock!

2010-09-05 08:49 PM
    becky what are you still doing here? No one will every truly understand how great these products are! thats why no one will every buy it! Look at the bright side, their prices won't increase due to high demand and you can buy it for cheaper (because right now they are soo worth their 50$)... and its never out of stock!

Your question: becky what are you still doing here?

My answer: Why not?

Your comment: No one will every truly understand how great these products are! thats why no one will every buy it!

My answer: And who, exactly, loss is that? Mine? Somehow I don't think so. What floors me to no end - is how anyone can watch their youtube video at the bottom of their second page, and seeeeeeeeeee how terribly light of a touch their stylus requires, and yet pass it up? What are they missing. That youtube clip is AWESOME and it is exactly how they work for real!!!!!! So again: whose loss it it?

Your comment: Look at the bright side, their prices won't increase due to high demand and you can buy it for cheaper (because right now they are soo worth their 50$)... and its never out of stock!

My reply: Bright side? You've got to be kidding...right. There is no bright side to the pogo. It's junk! Dude check this out. Go to the page on that Stylus-R-Us site that's call...I think it's PoGo something. Watch the pogo sketch youtube clip there. Listen to what the guy testing it has to say of it. Dude? Are you for real? Who in the world would want a pogo when you can have the Maserarti or the Genesis Coupe. And you say, yeahhh but who wants to pay that much money for it? And I say...give me a break. The very same people who pat 40 to 500 for a case or 30 to 40 dollars for a thick screen protector: that's WHO! Or how about the same people who HAD THE MONEY to pay $500.00 to $900.00 for their iPad? Hey? You get what you pay for. You all expect to pay ten or twelve bucks for an ingenious stylus that even STEVE JOBS boast about. You need to reboot big time. You want to buy and use a PoGo....be my guest. I could care less.
    2010-09-05 09:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD