I think this is a bug on the iOS.
    I don't know if any on can help me with this problem. I set a passcode lock on my iPhone and now I wanted to take off so I when to my setting and I can't turn it off. i reset my iPhone and it wasback to normal so I set a new passcode to see what happen and it was fine I was able to turn it on and turn it off, so I left alone over night and now I have the same problem does any one is having this problem or how can I reset it so I can turn off. Here I added a Pic" so Ya! can see my problem and right on the bottom were it say "Erase Data" that was turn off and now is ON. I hope I don't have to restored my iPhone for the second time. Thanks if anyone can help
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 Passcode Lock-img_0001.png  
    2011-04-27 08:02 PM
    I had the same issue. For me it was due to a corporate email account that I had set up on my iPhone. It wouldn't fetch/push emails without the pass code. The minute I took out that email account from my iPhone, I could turn off the pass code. Do you have any non public email accounts on your phone?
    2011-04-30 12:30 AM
    I think this is a bug on the iOS.
    I don't know if any on can help me with this problem. I set a passcode lock on my iPhone and now I wanted to take off so I when to my setting and I can't turn it off. i reset my iPhone and it wasback to normal so I set a new passcode to see what happen and it was fine I was able to turn it on and turn it off, so I left alone over night and now I have the same problem does any one is having this problem or how can I reset it so I can turn off. Here I added a Pic" so Ya! can see my problem and right on the bottom were it say "Erase Data" that was turn off and now is ON. I hope I don't have to restored my iPhone for the second time. Thanks if anyone can help
    Im having a similar problem when trying to turn the passcode lock on soon as i hit the keypad i get booted back to my springboard. If u r stuck with the lock on or off put ur device into safe mode and u should b able to type ur password it works for me, I also noticed that if i use the alphabetic code it works fine. Again if u get stuck with that try putting it in safe mode it should work it does for me, i would like it to work the way it should so i dont use it n e more. hope this helps good luck!
    2011-08-05 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD