View Poll Results: Which is better and worth the cash?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Switcheasy Case for iPhone

27 35.06%
  • Incase Case for iPhone

50 64.94%
    hands down the incase. I've gone through 2 switch easy cases due to either the lock breaking. I still use the dock adaptor that came with them, however. Now I can dock my phone with the incase case completely on.
    2008-04-07 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the info, but based on the cases alone, and not on the lock breaking, do you still like the incase that much better, and if so, why?
    2008-04-07 05:31 PM
    yes I do still like the incase better. It's slightly thinner (and I mean slightly), but definitely feels more solid. It also has the rubber inserts on the back which prevent the metla casing from getting scratched up, which does happen with the switcheasy case.
    2008-04-07 06:24 PM
    hmm, i just ordered the capsule. i need a case that also has a holster. not a fan of putting my phone in my pocket. when it comes in ill write a little review. I know i bought a clear case (forgot the name) from the apple store. the case and holster were great, but the case broke after i took it off a few times (little clips on the corner).

so hopefully the capsule does the job.
    2008-04-07 06:57 PM
    yes I do still like the incase better. It's slightly thinner (and I mean slightly), but definitely feels more solid. It also has the rubber inserts on the back which prevent the metla casing from getting scratched up, which does happen with the switcheasy case.
    ok, thanks
    2008-04-08 12:34 AM
    Had the switcheasy and was not fond of there "screen protectors" at all. The holster also left some to be desired, as the ratchet clip became extremely loose and the phone began to spin. I switched to the Seidio hard rubberized case and holster combo.

However:

Siedioonline.com has a new case and holster on the market. Its the innocase for iPhone $49.95. Looks pretty sweet.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=950
    Nice find I have a Vaja case that I have been using for a year now. There cases by far beat all others out. As for Seidio I loved the holster I had of theres that I used with my BB Curve it was similar in design to this iphone one. It was very durable, wish this had come out sooner I would have bought it. Anyways still love the Vaja one though.is
    2008-04-08 01:34 AM
    Ok, I think I've decided on the slider, but does anyone know of anywhere else to buy the matte black version, other than goincase.com (online or retail)? I'm trying to avoid paying $45 because of ridiculous shipping charges.
    2008-04-08 02:32 AM
    I guess that's a good idea, but I think I am just going to get the switcheasy. One more question though, does the black switcheasy come with the three screen protectors (including the new static one), or does that one only come with the limited edition green and pink ones. I have heard of people having problems with the non-static ones, so I want to make sure I am getting all three.
    Yes, it comes with three different covers.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-08 02:56 AM
    i have the white incase on my iphone and yesterday it saved my life

my iphone fell out of my pocket and went tumbling down a flight of stairs, but the incase saved it. Only a few scratches on the case and nothing at all on the iphone, it still works as if it was brand new.

Thank god for the incase!
    2008-04-08 03:44 PM
    Ummm... for the record, it probably only saved the life of your iPhone, unless it was you that tumbled down the flight of stairs and the incase kept you from personal injury! The incase slider is good, but not quite able to make you invulnerable!
    2008-04-08 04:50 PM
    Ummm... for the record, it probably only saved the life of your iPhone, unless it was you that tumbled down the flight of stairs and the incase kept you from personal injury! The incase slider is good, but not quite able to make you invulnerable!
    smart *** comment

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-09 01:52 AM
    just got my switch easy capsule and holster. i like it a lot. i cant really say its better than the incase cause i have never dealt with it.

great closing mechanism
    decent clip, kinda hard to get phone out right away

dislikes
    didnt even try the screen protectors, i have the crystal film set, and dont need anything else.

Ill elaborate more after the day is over and i really see how it performs
    2008-04-10 05:14 PM
    so i messed with my switch easy capsule all day and night and my conclusion is its one of the best cases ive seen. i had to get used to taking the phone out the holster cause it sits in pretty tight. the case isnt too bulky, and i like the feeling. def a keeper.

i never used any of the accessories that came with it, since i have my own screen protector, but i will keep them for the future.
    2008-04-11 07:12 PM
    so i messed with my switch easy capsule all day and night and my conclusion is its one of the best cases ive seen. i had to get used to taking the phone out the holster cause it sits in pretty tight. the case isnt too bulky, and i like the feeling. def a keeper.

i never used any of the accessories that came with it, since i have my own screen protector, but i will keep them for the future.
    hey, could you send me the white one? please

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-13 10:15 PM
    I just got my SwitchEasy case yesterday. On the plus side, the case itself fits together very nicely and is attractive and sturdy.

On the minus side, the screen protectors are shite.

Ah well, I've got a set of InvisibleShield films coming, once I get those installed I'll have the best of both worlds.
    2008-05-10 07:59 PM
    I use the incase but not the incase. Mine has no name and did not cost $35. It costs just a mere $6 and is exactly the same as the incase. Ofcourse I am not in the US; no wonder the iphone has spawned several expensive accessories.
    2008-05-10 08:22 PM
    neither... CoreCase's are a 1000 times better and not as expensive. Both Switcheasy and InCase cases are plastic they look great for about 1 week and then they get scratched and banged up. I've had 5 different CoreCase cases over the last 3 years including the iPhone iPod nano x2 video and classic and every one of the cases and the iPods/iphones still look brand new. I find buying what 'everyone' else is buying makes you look like a sheep or worst still liking buying Microsoft products ;o)
    2008-06-02 10:49 AM
    Where can I check out these Incase Slider cases or whatever you guys call it lol
    2008-06-02 03:18 PM
    Where can I check out these Incase Slider cases or whatever you guys call it lol
    Slider Case for iPod touch : Incase Products

And to the user who said that the InCase scratches a lot you probably never even tried the case. I dropped mine twice, once in my driveway and the other down some stairs at work. No scratches yet. Also the white one doesn't show finger prints and scratches (if you do in fact happen to get a scratch).
    Last edited by Drucifer; 2008-06-04 at 01:14 AM.
    2008-06-04 01:09 AM
    Slider Case for iPod touch : Incase Products

And to the user who said that the InCase scratches a lot you probably never even tried the case. I dropped mine twice, once in my driveway and the other down some stairs at work. No scratches yet. Also the white one doesn't show finger prints and scratches (if you do in fact happen to get a scratch).
    Thanks bro. Looks like I'll be getting that incase slider.
    2008-06-04 02:59 PM
72 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD