View Poll Results: Power Crystal vs Anti-Glare Film!? Which is better?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power Support Crystal Film

46 35.66%
  • Power Support Anti-Glare Film

83 64.34%
    I debated forever at the app store between crystal clear or crystal antiglare. The employee had the antiglare so was trying to push me in that direction and went on and on about fingerprints but in reality fingerprints are not that big an issue with me and they wipe off easily so no way was I going to sacrifice vivid color and sharpness for antiglare and no fingerprints. In the end it was an easy decision, just took me a minute to realize she was making my decision harder by pushing the anti glare when I never wanted anti glare in the first place.

Plus I can look at phones with the anti glare and immediately notice they have a film on protecting their screen. Most people ask me why I don't have a film on because the crystal non antiglare is literally CRYSTAL clear. LOVE IT. I prefer my iPhone looking naked.

I guess if you have serious issues with fingerprints driving you insane and u are always typing right under the sun and you do not care about alittle fuzziness and alittle less vividness in the screen then antiglare is for you.
    2009-05-25 09:32 AM
    ANTI-GLARE no doubt is the better of the two...not having to deal with finger prints, smudges, and obnoxious reflections and lighting FTW!
    2009-05-26 07:00 PM
    I've had anti-glare on my 3G. Crystal Clear on the 3GS. Crystal is by far the best - it has everything the anti-glare has plus more.
    2009-07-02 09:03 AM
    Anti-glair
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.
    2009-07-20 03:28 AM
    I like Anti-glare better

I got tired of cleaning my screen every hour witht he crystal one
    2009-07-21 12:14 AM
    I hate any screen protector. I prefer a natural feel =P
    2009-07-21 08:49 AM
    Power Crystal FTW! Anti-Glare is really great for dancing your fingers across the screen but the vibration it takes away from the screen is not worth it. I also voted anti-glare because it's what I'm using now and I love it. in my sense having no fingerprints is definitely a huge relief. I can't say it's the better of the two because I've never seen or touched one of the Crystal types.
    mod/edit links removed
    2009-07-22 02:19 PM
    I started out using anti-glare so for a long time I didn't know what I was missing. Then I decided to try a Invisible Shield screen protector and with those being crystal clear I realized how viberant and sharp the image got once I removed the anti-glare screen protector. Yes the anti-glare screen protector does hide finger prints well but to me it's not worth losing the brightness and vividness of the iPhones screen. Plus the Invisible shield NEVER gets scratches because the material it's made of so the screen stays looking great.

Some people don't like Invisible shield because you have to use a spray solution to install it which is nothing more than soapy water. But I found that the solution allows for a better install because you can move the shield around on the screen after you lay it so you can get it aligned just right and as long as you push all the solution away from any buttons or wholes your fine. So I voted for the crystal one but I say Invisible Shield all the way.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4
    2009-07-22 03:16 PM
    crystal FTW cant hardly tell its there and i clean my screen often anyways.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black
    2009-07-23 03:24 AM
    Anti-glare is nice for keeping prints smudges off, and does help visibility when outdoors. However, anti-glare really makes the screen look grainy and distorted. Unacceptable! Going to BB to get clear protectors so my screen looks normal again.
    2009-07-24 06:58 PM
    I wanted to use my 3G naked but with all the reports of the O-coating wearing off and the easily scratching...I had to cover it...I have the AF one on now but I am going to try the crystal....so no opinion as yes....except...

Apple sucks for not thoroughly testing the o-coating.

I saw the InvisShield applied at the mall...its not easy and probably why these kiosks have sprung up.

Also it was not invisible meaning you could see the grain(if thats the right word). I expected it to be 100% invisible...not the case.

No pun intended.
    Last edited by ZipZapp; 2009-07-26 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-26 07:16 PM
    Does anyone have an extra screen protector for there 2G iPhone that they are willing to part with? If so pm me.

I just took off my anti glare to get off some specks of dust and ruined it =[
    2009-07-30 08:01 PM
    Crystal, when you apply it correctly, you don't even realize you have it on. Fingerprints do not bother me that much, and it takes 5-10 seconds to clean it once every few days, big whoop. I wear glasses too so I just clean them both at the same time.

I don't have dirty/sweaty fingers, so sliding is not an issue.

Anti-glare is so grainy and ugly, makes the screen darker, the colors less vibrant, and everything less sharp. That's why I'll never buy a matte LCD screen either, gloss for the best picture ftw.
    2009-07-30 11:47 PM
    I started out using anti-glare so for a long time I didn't know what I was missing. Then I decided to try a Invisible Shield screen protector and with those being crystal clear I realized how viberant and sharp the image got once I removed the anti-glare screen protector. Yes the anti-glare screen protector does hide finger prints well but to me it's not worth losing the brightness and vividness of the iPhones screen. Plus the Invisible shield NEVER gets scratches because the material it's made of so the screen stays looking great.

Some people don't like Invisible shield because you have to use a spray solution to install it which is nothing more than soapy water. But I found that the solution allows for a better install because you can move the shield around on the screen after you lay it so you can get it aligned just right and as long as you push all the solution away from any buttons or wholes your fine. So I voted for the crystal one but I say Invisible Shield all the way.
    I saw Invisible shield being applied...and it is not as easy as they make it out to be. Probably why the kiosks have appeared in the malls. In addition, the material is not crystal clear and you can 100% tell you have it on the phone...Yes the screen's brighness hides this issue but if you flip it over and look at the back of the phone you can tell its there.

For me I want 100% clear transparancy...

Get an ultra thin case, and the crystal screen cover...best solution in my opinion.
    2009-07-31 02:48 PM
    I have both the invisibleshield and the anti-glare. After using the anti-glare I could never go back to the invisibleshield, it was aweful. It was so easy to get bubbles in the invisibleshield and it soaks your iphone on application. Not only that, you can;t really slide your finger over teh invisibleshield, its too sticky, not to mention it loves fingerprints.

I;ve had the anti-glare on for about a week now and it works beautifully in the sun and in a dark room, its so nice to actually be able to slide my finger over the screen. I also find it akes the iphone look tons better and NO FINGERPRINTS! haha, fingerprints are a big pet peeve of mine.

where did you get your case?

-Brandon
    2009-08-07 05:41 PM
    ^^ That looks like an Incase Slider to me.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4
    2009-08-08 09:09 PM
    anti-glare all the way.. i recommend that one to everyone
    2009-08-09 01:20 AM
    crystal film + crystal air jacket all the way!
    2009-08-16 04:56 AM
    I would suggest Antiglare although I really can not judge between both of them. I have used both and now I am using Antiglare. Both of them almost have the same functions. Choose your best one.
    mod/edit links removed
    2009-08-16 11:12 AM
    Anti-Glare all the way
    2010-06-17 05:41 AM
62 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD