If you’re like me you have old generations of iPods laying around collecting dust since your iPhone is now the “best iPod ever.” – Jobs

Well this guy, Jordan Horwich, found a use for his old iPods that I think is pretty nifty. He basically took some iPod shells and filled them with some speakers and other wiring and he now has some decent speakers that match his Apple notebook perfectly.

Horwich explains;

"I was looking through a bunch of old stuff when I came across my original iPod. I had long ago scavenged it for parts, so I came up with another use for it. The total cost ended up around 100 USD for everything. It was mostly the shipping prices that made it so expensive. If I had spent some more time finding cheaper prices, or finding the parts locally, the cost would have been about 60 USD."

Here are some more pics of what he created:

You can find a complete guide here.

Source: Speaker made from old iPods - Hacked Gadgets - DIY Tech Blog
    AppleChic

2009-01-06 01:03 AM
    p...pretty coool.... y.. yeaaa
    2009-01-06 01:42 AM
    sory dude but this should be in the garbage hahahahahhahaha.
    2009-01-06 01:46 AM
    Good way to use up ur old iPods kicking around. Nice job!

2009-01-06 02:32 AM
    Pretty Creative. Now if only he could "dazzle" them up a little bit, he could market the idea.
    2009-01-06 04:32 AM
    Very nice
    2009-01-06 08:54 AM
    Nifty speakers, i have a 80gb classic laying around. I want to sell it instead of making it a speaker! Hehehe
    2009-01-06 04:50 PM
    thats kind of nice. I wonder how long it took, and how long it would take for a novice at such a thing. Looks good either way.
    2009-01-07 06:09 PM
    This is more of a speaker case mod than anything else... and for the price of components I can get something that sounds much better...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2009-01-07 06:17 PM
    Haha, very cool idea
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-06-20 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD