User Tag List

Is there anyone out there that can solve error 21? I've tried just about all I know...I realize that isn't much

I can't do much with it... It has a white screen or a black screen, so you can't power it off or anything. Itunes recognizes it and says that it is in recovery mode and the name on it is ipod. So I just click restore to start over from scratch and it goes through everything like normal, but always ends with Error 21. Oh and I have never jailbroken this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2010-07-19 06:34 PM
    Are you updated to the newest version of iTunes 9.2. If you are on a pc it could be security software causing the error.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-19 09:02 PM
    I am using the latest itunes. I've tried this on my mac book and my pc...same result. What is it about the security settings and which ones? Thanks for the reply!
    2010-07-19 09:49 PM
    I just looked up on Apples website that error 21 could have something to do with security software.

Update and restore alert messages on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-19 10:00 PM
    Thank you thank you ianbroste!

You're suggestion led me to iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues
    Which led me to conduct the built in iTunes diagnostic. It tells you what security issues might be blocking the connections to apple. I appreciate your help and willingness to help me research this.

Thanks again.
    2010-07-20 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD