User Tag List

Please Note this will void Warranty
    I am also not responsible for any damage you may cause to you device
    Instead of pics i decided youtube vids are easier for now lol
    pics will still becoming

Ipod Touches Tear Downs

1g Teardown

First
    Take a case opener tool or I use the dull side of a razor blade and run it in between the metal back and screen. The back should just pop off. It is a little hard just take your time and go carefully so you don’t damage the backing.
    Second
    Pop the battery out of the middle of the phone( I used the box knife to cute the glue)its connected to a board so don’t try and rip it fully out.
    Third
    Remove the black tape at the bottom of the ipod and it will expose 2 screws remove them and 2 other screws 1 on the left and one on the right next to where the battery connects. Remove the metal shield.
    Forth
    Remove the screen ribbon on the bottom let side of the board
    Fifth
    At the top of the board remove 2 small screws. Remove the ribbon cable. Take the case opener tool and remove the top board.
    Sixth
    Remove 16 screws along the inside of the frame this will release the lcd from the digitizer. The lcd should just fall right out and your DONE!!!

Ipod Touch 2g/3g Teardown

There almost the exact same so just go slow and be careful.

First
    With a case opener tool run it along the back and the rubber seal between the glass. The screen should pop up but don’t pull it you have to disconnect the digitizer ribbon.
    Second
    Remove 3 tiny screws at the top of the ipod
    Third
    Remove four screws at the bottom of the screen next to the dock connector. Once the screws are removed pop the lcd connector tab off the board. Now slowly remove the lcd it is held on with some glue. ONCE AGAIN BECAREFUL IT IS EASY TO RUIN YOUR LCD!!!!!
    Forth
    Remove 7 screws from the back metal plate where the lcd was sitting. That will allow you to lift up on the metal plate slowly and disconnect 2 ribbons to completely release it.
    Fifth
    Take a case opener tool (box knife) and pry up the battery.
    Sixth
    There is one screw hidden by some black tape remove the tape and screw. That will allow you to remove all the internals. The big orange ribbon is help on by some glue go VERY VERY SLOW! But then your DONE!
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2010-08-01 at 09:53 PM.
    2010-08-01 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD