Hey Hello, I've got an jailbroken Touch running firmware 1.1.3. Starting a few days ago after about 10 minutes of on time (it doesn't matter if I'm using safari, using another app or just listening to music) I get what sounds like the low battery tone, but no warning message, and the battery indicator still shows full. If I don't power down then the Touch resets (shows the apple logo for a time and then powers down). I'm not sure, but the thing usually seems warmer than normal when this happens. It kind of seems like there's some process running in the background; the animations are choppier, the keyboard hangs, etc. I've uninstalled all of the apps that I've installed recently with no change. The apps that I've still got are as follows:
    ball fight
    puzzle maniak
    karajan ear trainer
    mobilecast
    musicquiz
    bookmarklets
    books
    bsdsubsystem (2.1)
    installer (of course)
    summerboard
    drummer
    evolutionrgb
    iano
    pocketguitar
    bosstool
    pdfviewer
    todo

I'm thinking that when the windows version of iPwnage comes out I'll just upgrade to 1.1.4 and re-jailbreak, but wanted some input about what to do in the meantime. Should I keep using it as is? Am I potentially damaging the thing? Are any of these apps suspect?
    Thanks very much in advance.
    2008-04-04 05:08 PM
    Hmm, weird problem, try restoring it and rejailbreaking. That should work. DO NOT USE PWNAGE for the iPod because it is only for the iPhone at this time.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-04 05:42 PM
    I'll give it a try, thanks.
    btw, the frontpage of modmyi and the liveblog with the dev team over at tuaw both state that pwnage supports the touch. do you have some different info?
    2008-04-04 10:42 PM
    Some people have been successful at working it perfectly on the iPod, however there isn't an SUPER perfect way for the iPod yet. I'll check, because I am wondering too.
    2008-04-04 11:12 PM
    It Works On The Ipod Touch I Did It On Mine
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-05 12:02 AM
    Post some pictures.
    2008-04-05 12:08 AM
    You saw my post the one where i put 2.0 onto my touch i used pwnage. even though it doesn't have installer app 2.0 beta is unsigned code and i am not a accepted developer so the only way to run unsigned code is to pwn it. If i haven't pwned it and I put 2.0 on I would have the pink screen of death (THAT SCREEN IS SCARY LOOKING:P
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2008-04-07 11:49 AM
    Hey, I installed firmware 1.1.4 (and lost all my apps) but I'm still getting the mysterious tone with no associated message. I'm not getting the keyboard hang or the heat anymore, though.
    2008-04-08 11:15 PM
    What "bing"?
    2008-04-09 12:29 AM
    When you go to 1.1.4 from 1.1.3 all your apps are still installed the icons are just no longer on the spring board. That is unless you did a full restore and then went to 1.1.4.

I would recommend getting the sysinfo app to make sure u have no unusual processes running.

If its still rebooting every 10 minutes after you have done a full restore, then my guess is its most likely a hardware issue.
    2008-04-09 12:37 AM
    okay, I had just upgraded to 1.1.4. I'm going to have to re-jailbreak anyway, so I'll give the full restore a try and see if that helps out.
    Things have changed a little bit. I still get the "bing" (like i said before, it sounds like the low battery tone) but no message, but I haven't gotten any actual resets for a few days now.
    2008-04-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD