I'm on 1.1.3 jailbroken, and I'm trying to set up my mail but it keeps saying something about "cannot connect using ssl" and if I want to try setting it up without ssl, but it doesn't when I click "yes".
    What can I do to get this fixed. It was working for me with 1.1.2 and now, nothing. thanks.
    2008-04-13 09:15 PM
    What kind of mail are you using?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-13 09:30 PM
    I'm using Gmail. I manage to get that send screen but I don't know if my Gmail account on my ipod touch is set up. I've send a message still waiting to receive it on my computer.
    oh I went back to my ipod and it says "cannot send mail" "check account settings for the outgoing server - smtp.gmail.com"
    Last edited by jquest68; 2008-04-13 at 10:05 PM. Reason: extra info
    2008-04-13 10:03 PM
    Are you on 1.1.2 or .3?
    2008-04-13 10:05 PM
    I'm on 1.1.3
    2008-04-13 10:47 PM
    Weird, install the iPhone apps again from Installer, tell me if that works.
    2008-04-13 11:34 PM
    I don't know where to look for it. after jailbreaking 1.1.3 I installed it from a source that I forgot the name of it.
    2008-04-14 12:03 AM
    Put this source into installer:
    (source won't show up). Either google search ipodtouchmaster source or else just go to YouTube and sear h for ipodtouchmaster05. You should find it easily enough.
    then go into the install tab in installer. Now scroll down to iPhone apps 1.1.3 (or whatever firmware you are on). Install the iPhone apps application that is inside there. Now you have your iPhone apps + the "wiggly feature".

Now if your problem is the one that I think it is, you need to put in the correct gmail server and whatnot. Just to a simple google search for something such as gmail server. You should find it just fine. Now make sure you input everything correctly and then you should be ready to go! Oh, also make sure that you have POP3 enabled. Otherwise you cannot access your mail on the google server.
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-04-14 at 04:26 AM.
    2008-04-14 04:23 AM
    thats the thing I don't know which source it is to delete it. I was going to uninstall it but don't know where it is.

thanks, I'll give it a try. I know that with ipodmaster you install the preps first, but with these new sources they have the packet and I just use those. Can I delete them from Winscp? and then install the ipodtouchmaster ones?

Hey guys I figured it out I reinstalled and jailbrokened it again to figure out that I was inputing the wrong password. Oh I was pist. I could have avoided all that if I just actually look at my computer and see how many characters are in my password.
    Thanks for all your tips, I downloaded the ipodtouchmaster sources. thanks again.
    Last edited by jquest68; 2008-04-14 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-14 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD