I have several pictures that are only good when they are viewed at their full image. But since you already know the pictures in itunes suck, and come up with grainy pictures. Is there anyway to put a high resolution with out the grain on the itouch or iphone?
    2008-04-25 05:33 AM
    I would guess that the only way to do it is to crop or resize a duplicate of the image to the default 320 x 240.

Otherwise, I don't think so.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!
    2008-04-25 07:32 PM
    If I remember correctly iphone pc suite allows to upload full resolution images to the iphone. But how high that is the question. I uploaded some higher resolution satellite images to use with photoBoard app.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-04-25 08:38 PM
    Resize it to 320x480

Then with WinSCP go to library/wallpaper/

Name it what ever you please and place it there...

It will now be with with the stock wallpapers at high quality.

Enjoy ;P
    2008-04-25 10:19 PM
    theres a better way

keep the original resolution (or turn it down a bit, you dont need anything higher than 800x600 imo)

install touchroll to add the camera roll onto your ipod touch and then ssh into your touch and copy your image files to /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE folder in .JPG format (must be capitalized) along with a thumbnail file .THM (just rename your .JPG picture file to .THM and you're good to go!
    2008-04-29 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD