Hi, guys, when you transfer videos to your iPod, which converter do you like best?
    2008-05-04 05:20 AM
    Xilisoft MP4 Converter is better, i also used WinAVI MP4 Converter
    2008-05-04 11:57 AM
    I use ffmpegX. Hasn't seen a lot of updates recently but you can use pretty much everything on it for free without a time limit. Most other video converting GUIs only give you a short trial which isn't enough to get anything done.
    2008-05-04 06:34 PM
    Movies2iPhone ftw!!
    its free and nice
    gets updates 2!
    2008-05-04 07:19 PM
    does no one use iSquint anymore? I love it. And Handbrake for ripping DVDs.
    2008-05-04 09:43 PM
    Okay, I heard iSquint, is it free?
    And I used Xilisoft MP4 Converter, it's not free, but very useful.
    2008-05-05 04:45 AM
    iSquint is very fast and free. It is the only converter I have used in ages. It gives you the option to add it directly to iTunes, different quality levels, and the simplest interface ever:
    1) Open iSquint
    2) Drag videos you want to convert.
    3) Click go.

Handbrake is great for ripping DVDs. It is not exceptionally fast but still the only DVD ripper I have ever used. It constantly gets good ratings by MacWorld and everyday users. It is also free. My only concern is that new DVDs don't rip because they have an extra layer of rip protection.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!
    2008-05-05 07:40 PM
    Any converters you guys know of that would be good for Linux? ^_^
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-05-06 12:13 AM
    That's a question, maybe you can change your system to windows
    Everyday I pray to the Lord, and the Lord answered rescue me, so I will be free forever!
    2008-05-06 04:24 AM
    u may try Audio converter mod, it can work in Linux
    2008-05-06 05:03 AM
    Thanks windwhisper. Does audio converter mod convert videos as well? The name probably says it all, but still....

Oh, and Skip to my lou, Windows isn't nearly as small or as customizable as Linux.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-05-07 12:13 AM
    just a kidding,
    I don't know which converter could fit for Linux System, maybe you will find it at google.com.
    And you guys who will give doomsayer an answer, pls show it, thanks~~
    Everyday I pray to the Lord, and the Lord answered rescue me, so I will be free forever!
    2008-05-07 05:07 AM
    Doomsayer, there maybe another way to solve ur problem, install a tool named Foobar, this software can be used as a music player, and also can be a converter to transfer audios, I'm not sure foobar will work in Linux, but u could try it, because I just heard this way from a friend of mine.
    2008-05-07 10:48 AM
    Hey, man, are you kidding? Foobar is only a music player, I never found it can convert audios.
    2008-05-08 04:53 AM
    Skip to my lou, foobar can transfer audios, and it need to install some encoders for different formats.
    2008-05-08 04:36 PM
    Ok, I'll check it, and any new converters you guys could recommend here?
    2008-05-09 04:40 AM
    Xilisoft MP4 Converter is better, i also used WinAVI MP4 Converter
    I'm wit u on that home
    2008-05-10 12:10 AM
    I used many kinds of converters, Videora iPod Converter, ImTOO iPod Movie Converter, iSquint, WinAvi Mp4 Converter......I use these tools just for fun
    2008-05-12 09:01 AM
    windwhisper, could you give some details about Videora iPod Converter and ImTOO iPod Movie Converter?
    2008-05-15 12:40 PM
    ImTOO iPod Movie Converter is a convenient tool for iPod, it can convert video to iPod MP4 and iPhone video, and also convert audio files to iPod MP3, AAC, M4A files directy, another point is the fast speed to convert the movie, I used to transfer a file of 80m and lasted about 5minutes, that's a quick transfer.
    2008-05-19 06:24 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD