Hey everybody. I browsed threw the forums, and I found that I am not the only one that is suffering from this stupid developer's error on iSlsk that won't let you download music... So, I looked at YouTube, and I found some instructions on how to do it. The full instructions that the guy used can be found here:

iSlsk P2P music sharing on your iPhone or iPod Touch (updated2) iPhoneFreakz

I understand everything, up until it starts talking about putty. What is putty? I know this seems kinda n00bish, but there is no such thing as a stupid question

EDIT: OK, I did my research (like I should've done in the first place) and I found out that Putty is like, some SSH client and a terminal and a whole bunch of stuff or something. But, I'm on Linux and Putty is Windows only. I can't run it through Wine, I just tried. So, is there an alternative to using putty for this to work?
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-05-22 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Found out the answer to initial question
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-05-22 10:51 PM
    google ssh commands and just use terminal, worked for me
    2008-05-23 06:13 PM
    OK, a new version has been released. Here is the changelog, and also the known errors. This list was pulled from the website listed in the original post:

The full changelog for version islsk02b :

Changelog:
    Fixed the FirewireGUID error
    Fixed the import crash error
    Fixed “Transfer failed” error when trying to download an entire folder, or several files from the same user
    Bugfix when trying to import songs, where some of them werent imported and when trying again they appeared twice on music library.
    Added a donation reminder so nobody forgets about supporting iSlsk !
    Other minor bugfixes

Known issues:
    After songs are imported, Artists sorting on music library gets messed up, moving artist names under the next letter. I guess most people can live with that (until I find the solution)
    When first installed, downloaded songs *may* not appear on your downoads section. Once I restarted iSlsk, everything went fine, and downloads were there. Give me some more time to see why does this happens.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
    2008-05-24 10:19 PM
    Finally they fixed those errors!
    2008-05-25 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD