By breaking i mean jailbreak or at least i think i do and no i haven't done it yet i want someone to convince me its a safe and a completely reversible thing to do.
    Anyways in my travels i found some information on a program called Simplify Media now if someone can point me in the correct direction in finding all the below ingredients needed in successfully making Simplify Media work.

1. A Jail-Breaking guide targeted at iPod Touch users (not iPhone if it can be helped).

2. The AppTap Installer. I could probably find this one on my own but i don't want to get some crazy iPhone only version and screw the whole process.

3. Simplify Media Mobile Installer I've been looking on there website but i can't find it.

Also can someone please explain what the hell a native app is? doesn't that mean its meant to run on OS without hack&slashing it there.
    And last but not least is Simplify Media even worth putting on my iPod Touch when i only have a 256kbs connection (it generally streams itunes previews without re-buffering).

Anyways guys sorry bout the long post and I'm doubley sorry if i posted in the wrong section but any help you can give me with this would be most appreciated.

Cheers ^_^
    2007-12-18 06:24 AM
    Everything made for the iPhone usually works for the iTouch. If the program is not compatible then it will disable itself. So installing ringtones wont break your iTouch but it wouldn't do anything either. I don't think there is a version of AppTapp made specifically for the iPhone.

Jailbreaking is completely reversible. I have yet to see a bricked iTouch. I've restored my iTouch a few times just because i got too lazy to uninstall a lot of unneeded programs.

A native app is just an app that can be accessed on your springboard. Safari, youtube, mail, clock, etc.
    2007-12-18 08:35 PM
    hmmm ok that helps some what but i still have more questions first something i probably should have asked last time :-

1. Can Jail-broken touches (or phones i guess) still download software updates? or is gonna be another case of 1.1.2 where when it was realized people with unlocked iphones had them bricking up on them?

2. When this SDk finally does get around to be released can i just restore my iPod back to factory settings without fear or future problems?(removing all trace of me ever tampering with the iPod)

3. So if native apps show up on the dock screen where do the others hide?

Cheers guys ^_^
    2007-12-19 03:59 AM
    Just restore and your back to factory state and updates should be fine, if your really paranoid, you can restore before you update
    Hope this helps.
    2007-12-19 04:13 AM
    okies cheers guys i think i have enough gutts to try this now

thanks for all the help ^_^
    2007-12-20 07:01 AM
    use jailbreakme.com and access it with your ipod
    2007-12-20 02:42 PM
    if you have a wifi conection in ur house, then go into the safari and type www.jailbreakme.com, and install AppSnapp, which is just installer
    not only does this give you installer, but it also jailbreaks the iTouch
    2007-12-22 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD