as the title says I just got my itouch and got a few questions for you all.
    i've searched for what i need and haven't found anything, though if there is already a post of this please pardon me.

1 is there a possibility of jailbreaking my native 1.1.2 itouch?
    2 are there apps for the itouch without jailbreak? ( i've downloaded one of the native apps but still didn't manage on how to do this)
    3 can i use another soft than itunes for the file charge? (it took about a day to load 14 gbs of music)

all your help will be thanked and if you know of sth cool that i should know it's welcomed too.

regards
    2007-12-21 02:33 PM
    1 is there a possibility of jailbreaking my native 1.1.2 itouch?
    Yes, but you need to downgrade it to 1.1.1 first

2 are there apps for the itouch without jailbreak? ( i've downloaded one of the native apps but still didn't manage on how to do this)
    Not yet. In February, Apple is realeasing an official SDK, but no one really knows much details about that. So pretty much, no.

3 can i use another soft than itunes for the file charge? (it took about a day to load 14 gbs of music)
    I dont think so
    2007-12-22 12:56 AM
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4"]YouTube - How to Hack/Jailbreak Firmware 1.1.2 on Ipod Touch!PC or Mac[/ame]

teaches you how to jailbreak the 1.1.2 iTouch firmware
    2007-12-22 11:01 PM
    thank you very much, i managed to jailbreak my itouch but still have some issues, i'd like my gba emulator to work so i need to upload some files into a directory.

i tryed by using cute ftp but it seems it can't log in, i have installed bsdlite v2.0 and open ssh.

but before that when i jailbroke my itouch i forgot to chek the "install ssh box" so i runed again the jailbreak program now cheking the box and CHANGING ALPINE PASSWORD for one of my own.

i was wondering if that may have caused trouble, and if i should restore from de 1.1.2 update and re-do the process again.

please answer quick and I would be pleased if you pm me your msn so i can add you and discuss this issues.

regards
    2007-12-22 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD