Bonjour people,
    I DESPERATELY need some of your expert help... my ipod touch is (was) jailbroken, 1.1.4, with tons of apps and stuff. One thing i did notice before the problem (wait, i'll tell you the problem in a minute) was that all the folders in MobileFinder were muddled around tons and yeah... THE PROBLEM:
    My iPod is screwed (basically) it has really low battery, it gets stuck on the apple logo on bootup and goes black for a second then the apple logo comes back and so on and so forth. I can get into recovery mode (with the picture of the ipod cable and the itunes logo). But that is about it. The word "bricked" is what comes to my mind. Also when it is in recovery mode it does not come up with the dialog box in itunes where it says restore. please please please please please please please help me or i will have thrown away 219.00 (i live in France by the way, hence the bonjour) thank you soooooooo much in advance for any help or advice you may give me
    Cam

PS. I can't send it to apple because i bought my iPod off of eBay!
    Last edited by camsta; 2008-07-25 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-25 08:04 PM
    Put it into DFU mode and plug it in to your PC.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Then you should be able to restore
    2008-07-25 08:11 PM
    Thanks, but it doesnt show that dialog box in itunes so it doesnt work....
    thanks for the reply anyway
    2008-07-25 08:32 PM
    So you put it into DFU mode (screen stayed black) and you plugged it into your PC and Itunes did nothing?
    2008-07-25 10:18 PM
    itunes comes up but nothing happens -- im on my cousins mac and he doesnt have 10.4.10 which wont let the ipod work. dunno if you can make itunes think you have 10.4.10 or what but it comes up with an error message saying it wont work...
    cheers for your help
    2008-07-25 10:44 PM
    All I can recommend is to try plugging it into another USB port (I don't have access to a Mac for awhile, so if you can I would also try plugging it into a windows machine with iTunes 7.7)
    2008-07-26 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD