User Tag List

So here is the big question - when somebody buys the $20 upgrade for the new apps - is it tied to their iTunes account and registered with one iPod Touch only? Anybody know this?

Does anyone think that the legit firmware 1.1.3 with the new apps from Apple will be out in a package somewhere? or will it be locked down to a person's iTunes account and 1 iPod Touch?

I have 2 iPod Touches. If I buy the apps once, can I load it onto both of my iPod touches? Anyone download them yet and know how it is being done?

thanks!
    2008-01-17 06:02 AM
    What apps are these? Since there is no SDK yet, there can't be any official apps, so don't think anyone has tried them....
    2008-01-17 07:24 PM
    I'm assuming it will be registered to your Touch. Don't think Apple will be so lax as to let folk install the same software multiple times for 1 price

What apps are these? Since there is no SDK yet, there can't be any official apps, so don't think anyone has tried them....
    Steve not invite you to the keynote then?
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-01-17 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-01-17 08:55 PM
    These are the Apple apps that iPhones already have on them. Apple is adding them for the iPod Touch. Nothing to do with SDK's as they ARE official apps.

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-01-17 09:16 PM
    There's reports over at ipodtouchfans.com that you can in fact sync multiple iPod's to your computer with the purchased app package and get it on multiple iPod Touches, only paying once.
    2008-01-18 05:58 AM
    There's reports over at ipodtouchfans.com that you can in fact sync multiple iPod's to your computer with the purchased app package and get it on multiple iPod Touches, only paying once.
    Does that mean that this data is then embedded into the 1.1.3 update? If so, anyone that actually bought these apps generous enough to upload this file someplace for other to get? I am sure if you toss on donation link to paypal, people will be willing to give you a buck or two for your cause. Hell, you can probably MAKE money doing this, just by asking for donations.

ok visit my blog http://vomoco.blogspot.com/
    you will find tips how to unlock your iphone
    plus free tutorials. Don't waste your money do it yourself
    Normally don't call people on anything, but how does this have anything to do with this thread? We are talking about getting the new app update for ipod touch for free, not unlocking the touch or iphone...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-18 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-18 07:04 AM
    Well first off, i phrased that whole thing wrong. The file that syncs to your iPod Touch after you purchase the "apps package" is actually a very small file containing the "unlock" for the iPhone apps and features on your Touch. so yes, the iPhone apps and 1.1.3 functionality is already embedded in the 1.1.3 firmware itself. And no many people have already tried to put someone else's purchased app package file on their Touch but it doesn't work. The file runs a check of some sort, probably serial number or possibly iTunes account info. i'm guessing serial, since hypothetically you should be able to restore one of these iPod Touches that has a purchased app package without an internet connection, ruling out an account check. So whatever it is that's doing verification is in the app package file only. which is good news because if it can be decrypted we can get access to it and possibly add our serial to the file.
    2008-01-18 07:30 AM
    I have been an avid user of computers, hardware, software and electronics since windows 3.1 came out. I HAVE NEVER EVERY IN MY LIFE PAID FOR A FIRMWARE UPDATE. THAT IS UTTER CRAP. I don't care what new features they added, it's a firmware update. Damn Apple, how greedy can you get? I guess I can't blame them since Dell, Microsoft and HP have left them in the dust for the past decade.

LOL, I got an iPhone anyway. Nice and Jailbroken, with apps that can rearrange icon order, send multiple SMS, Navizon GPS, and all kinds a cool features that will take Apple years to release. Chess, NES, GAMEBOY, file FTP... whatever apple, shove your 20 dollar where the sun don't shine.
    2008-01-18 08:07 PM
    If you wan't to upgrade to 1.1.3 and get the 1.1.3 apps (mail,stocks,maps, etc) at the same time add ********************/files/repo.xml to your sources. If you already have 1.1.3 you can download the 1.1.3 apps seperatly from him too. (I used his method to upgrade to 1.1.3 and i got the apps all at the same time )
    2008-02-06 11:12 PM
    I have been an avid user of computers, hardware, software and electronics since windows 3.1 came out. I HAVE NEVER EVERY IN MY LIFE PAID FOR A FIRMWARE UPDATE. THAT IS UTTER CRAP. I don't care what new features they added, it's a firmware update. Damn Apple, how greedy can you get? I guess I can't blame them since Dell, Microsoft and HP have left them in the dust for the past decade.

LOL, I got an iPhone anyway. Nice and Jailbroken, with apps that can rearrange icon order, send multiple SMS, Navizon GPS, and all kinds a cool features that will take Apple years to release. Chess, NES, GAMEBOY, file FTP... whatever apple, shove your 20 dollar where the sun don't shine.
    You didn't pay for the firmware, the firmware was free. What they're asking you to pay for is the ability to use apps.
    2008-02-07 12:31 AM
    Free 1.1.3 iphone apps for jailbroken iPod touch

In your jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod Touch add the source podtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml to installer

go to 1.1.3 Jailbreak+Apps

Install The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps

You just saved yourself $20 bucks!
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-02-09 at 09:40 PM.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)
    2008-02-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD