Hi Guys,

Was trying to import a couple of tracks i downloaded with islsk into my music library last night - and suddenly ipod touch restarted, and said no music/videos were on there (go to itunes store etc.)

I plugged it into itunes and it's showing 19 gigs of content, but instead of music it's now as 'other' in orange. And on my touch it's still showing in about as being there.

So basically i think i've lost the file associations for the music? any idea what i can do to fix this? i could reload all the music but it's on a couple of computers so that's going to be a major hassle - any actual fixes would be great.

And if i'm brave/stupid enough to try again - how do i play downloaded islsk mp3's on my touch. Anyone have an idiot-proof guide?

Thanks guys - any help much appreciated
    2008-08-05 10:30 AM
    restore it maybe that'll help
    2008-08-05 10:35 AM
    From erricks homepage:

I imported a few songs, but then my Music Player said “No Music” and when I tried connecting to iTunes, it said it was corrupt and that I needed to restore
    This is very unlikely to happen. However a few people had this problem, so that’s why I added an automatic backup feature on iSlsk v0.3 so that you can restore your music library if anything goes wrong when importing music. In order to restore your backup, you must be familiar with SSH, or with browsing your iPhone/iPod filesystem. If not, then search the net for tutorials.

You must follow these steps

1. SSH into your iPhone / open your file browsing program (I use WinSCP)
    2. Browse to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes
    3. There you should see 2 files named “iTunesDB” and “iTunesDB.bak”
    4. Next delete the “iTunesDB” file
    5. Rename the “iTunesDB.bak” to “iTunesDB”
    6. Reboot your phone and you will have you music library back and iTunes will recognize it again.

errrick

If you didnt do a backup you may have to restore
    Last edited by zendj; 2008-08-05 at 04:03 PM.
    2008-08-05 04:00 PM
    You have to restore and re jailbreak. You will loose everything and have to resync but your touch will be back to normal.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-05 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD