2.0.2 Ipod touch winpwn 2.5 jailbroken, Used Cydia to install NES, MxTube, 5 icon doc, SSH, community sources, and Essential updates, I am also using cracked applications which i recieved from the pirate bay, my question is to everyone else, because Jay Freeman claims not to give assistance to WinPwn users, did Jay Freeman write one of his frameworks wrong in the essential updates or did i do something wrong because all of my music and movies, while synced to my touch are(to the device) "missing" on my ipod(i get the no content page when i go to open music), this usually occurs(this is the 4th time) After i restart the ipod for the first time. Please let me know if you can, of any ideas, solutions, or assistance...

~~Mooks
    2008-08-31 06:44 PM
    Well, do some process of elimination. Restore your device (normal Apple firmware) and see if music and such work there. Then QuickPwn (without updating a single thing or adding anything except your music), see if that causes a problem. Then update Cydia/Installer and see if that does anything. Then add things one at a time (checking each time if your music is 'gone') until it wont work.

I find it interesting, though, how you (and some others, no offense) think it's Cydia's fault, though you have more dangerous things on your devices (cracked apps).
    2008-08-31 07:48 PM
    Well, do some process of elimination. Restore your device (normal Apple firmware) and see if music and such work there. Then QuickPwn (without updating a single thing or adding anything except your music), see if that causes a problem. Then update Cydia/Installer and see if that does anything. Then add things one at a time (checking each time if your music is 'gone') until it wont work.

I find it interesting, though, how you (and some others, no offense) think it's Cydia's fault, though you have more dangerous things on your devices (cracked apps).
    The thing is when i restore, using my winpwnd firmware and install the ssh through installer 4, alter the mobile installation frameworks file and it works perfectly, it even works great when i bypass the cydia crucial updates, that seems to be the only variable, the problem only occurs when cydia updates, i think that is grounds to blame freeman, no diss man, thanks for the help though

...it works great, even with the cracked apps.
    Last edited by mookdaruch; 2008-08-31 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-31 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD