I have OpenSSH on my Ipodtouch 2.0.2 and WinSCP on my laptop. I've added my IP address, "root" & "alpine" but all I get is "Network Error:Connection Refused". Any suggestions?

Thanks
    2008-09-24 07:49 AM
    screen needs to be on during ssh sessions, are you doing that?
    Check if ssh is enabled in bossprefs.
    I know, it's elementary stuff, but you never know.
    2008-09-24 08:02 AM
    I seem to have this happen every morning when I boot up my computers. What was working for me was to plug into itunes on my laptop where i sync all my stuff and then rebooting, then opening a page in safari.

I soon discovered that my issue was unstable wifi connectivity. This morning once again i couldnt log in via SSH on my desktop( I do not use this pc to sync as another family member uses it for his iphone.

I decided to go into my router settings and poke around since I know that Verizon (I have Fios) was playing with tv related stuff (which rendered my DVR unable to record. a reboot of that box fixed the DVR) well I didnt see anything unseemly in the router but i did reboot my router and don't you know ssh came back on. Oh also before this I set SSH as an "allowed program" under the router settings for my iphone. It did not work until I rebooted teh router. Not sure if the setting fixed things or the reboot alone would have been it.

What is odd, is before the router fix, I was albe to play around with my itunes fix and then connect on any of the pc's in my network. Once all were shut down for the night and my wifi turned off on the iphone to save battery, it would not recoonect to ssh in the morning. I attempted to duplicate this during the day and it doesnt seem to matter. I think it has to do with the length of time things are shut down perhaps.

Needless to say this has been a very weird issue to pin down. All kinds of things seem to temporarily fix it and all kinds of things seem to break it. very random.
    2008-09-24 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD