I hope I am putting this in the correct forum. If i am not mod please move this to the correct forum and I'm sorry for the misplacement.

ok so very once and a while I reformat my computer just because of viruses and **** to refresh my system. Now for some strange reason every time I reformat and reinstall itunes and it re syncs my phone I loose all the apps. This drives my wife insane as she uses certain apps and hates to have to re download all the **** and re-enter information into certain apps.

So i am thiking that I have 2 options and just wanted to hear from the rest of you to see what you think or do when reformating.

1. before I reformat copy my itunes library and the folder I know it stores all the apps in?

2. make some sort of back up sync and save that.

now is there a way that once I reformat and have a fresh copy of itunes installed that i could resync my ipod and have all the apps on the ipod saved on the computer to remake a new library?

thanks all for the help..
    2009-03-05 03:39 AM
    The file location (on Vista) is <User>/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications, unless you change it.

You could just 'Transfer purchases' when you plug it in and it should transfer everything you got from Apple (and all music even if it isn't from Apple). This is also a better option (I find) as it automatically has iTunes detect it all so you need not import.
    2009-03-05 09:27 PM
    Yeah do transfer purchases, and if you have apps or music bought from different iTunes accounts, then you have to authorize to transfer them. But I guess not anymore with DRM free music <3<3<3<3
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-03-15 09:38 PM
    I tried doing it that route just connecting it and transferring the files and it gets to point where it says this computer is not authorized or something to that effect then everything stops and I loose most of my ****! going to try it out as my dumb *** wife, i say that in a loving way, just loves to click on banners and **** and I got a adware/trojan!! so reformating fun for me and I am installing a new drive anyways.. 1TB
    2009-03-19 12:22 AM
    You have to authorize the computer for the music that you downloaded from another account.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-03-21 04:52 AM
    I feel like the biggest dumb ***.. I just did the transfer purchases.. worked like a charm.. thanks guys..
    2009-03-26 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD