OK, you know how the iphone screen is better than the ipod touch screen? well, what happens if you wanted to and I don't know if it would work BUT what happens if you order a spare iphone screen online, open the touch, replace the screens, would it be better? Please give answers!
    akzes. access everything.
    2007-09-19 02:03 AM
    Maybe, but I'm thinking it may be a software issue. I'd wait til after the first update.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-19 02:17 AM
    my itouch screen is great whats wrong with yours?
    2007-09-20 02:59 AM
    supposedly there are going out becuz the cheaped out on the itouch..lol
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW
    2007-09-21 04:28 AM
    The blacks are all messed up. They appear shimmery and almost negative. This same effect has been documented on many many iTouch users, and even verified through Apple to Walt Mossberg.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-21 05:16 AM
    Hey guys, check it out.

Apple admits to the screen problem's finally!, lol.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/20/a...touch-screens/
    akzes. access everything.
    2007-09-21 05:33 AM
    im sure the new screen from a iphone for the transplant would cost more than the itouch to begin with.
    2007-09-21 05:51 AM
    apple uses many different screen suppliers, you'll find the same screens in the iphone as ipod touch as the stocks rotate.

the negative black thing i believe is a problem with the polaizer layered onto the lcd and not the lcd itself. You can not change the polarizer.. they are adhered at factory..

I base this on my knowledge of the same prob i have seen on ipod video lcd.. the polarizer is a much darker colour. (ie, when the screen is off, the lcd natural off colour seems a dark grey green colour rather then a lighter silvry grey colour)
    2007-09-29 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD