I have a music library of about 1300 songs, none of which had album art when I bought my iPod touch. I began adding them periodically in the past week or so and got about 3/4th of the way through. Last night I synced with about 600 more songs and now I check on my iPod and some of the album art I added first or early on is disappearing for some songs.

I've tried resyncing and turning on/off the iPod. On certain albums it will "refresh" if I tilt the screen from portrait to landscape but the album art won't stay permanent. Anyone else experience this problem or know a remedy?

Update: It appears some of the album art has disappeared from my iTunes library as well, but not in all cases. VERY WEIRD. Please tell me I'm not the only one.
    Last edited by itssweeney; 2007-09-24 at 04:13 PM.
    2007-09-24 04:10 PM
    I started manually adding all tags and album art for that reason. If you are using windows you can get a program called MediaMonkey that will auto tag from Amazon or you can use it to do it manually. It attaches the album art to the file itself so it will stay with that file no matter where you move it.
    If you are using a mac, I know there is a similar program for that too. Maybe a mac person can post that for you.
    2007-09-24 05:14 PM
    That's the thing. I've been doing them all by hand. Evidently the total track number on a given album (for example track 5 out of 12) have been disappearing as well. So far the only solution I've found is to just re-enter the information and can't find anything that links the songs that lost album art/ID3 tag information to each other. Very weird. Please tell me I'm not going crazy and I'm not the only one.
    2007-09-27 04:20 AM
    ihave the same issue, and of appears to be related to those albums for which I've downloaded the artwork from iTunes. I'm going to wait for the next update before Ii bother going through and manually re-adding all the artwork.
    They say that freedom isn't free, but these days it's become the most damn expensive thing in the world.
    2007-09-27 04:42 AM
    Another program I purchased for Windows is Fix Tunes. Not as good as MediaMonkey, but it works.
    2007-09-27 12:48 PM
    Ive experienced this problem... kind of annoying after spending hours and hours on end trying to get the album art to show up and then it doesnt. Sometimes it does, but when Im playing the songs it doesnt. Weird...
    All is... so Accept and Just Be
    2007-10-10 10:36 PM
    A trick that I have found is to unsync all your music from your phone (a dialogue asking you to delete), then check the box again to resync all of your songs.
    2007-10-10 11:14 PM
    I fought with album art on my phone, here's the ONLY way to make sure every album has the art assigned to it properly.

Select all the songs in the album.

Right click > Get Info

"Yes"

Note the blank Artwork field. Also hit "Yes" on Compilation if these songs aren't already grouped into one album.

Grab your art from Safari or whatever and toss it into the Artwork field.

Note that it fills it out and ticks the box. Hit Okay.

Wait a tick and enjoy!
    2007-10-10 11:24 PM
    I was missing those last few steps in my process, the compilation, and i always left the artwork part blank and just assigned it to one of the tracks... that makes a lot of sense but i didnt know how to get the artwork in the multiple get info screen. Thank you!!!!!!!
    All is... so Accept and Just Be
    2007-10-10 11:27 PM
    Yeah I'm having same issue. I made all the songs in the same album a compilation. The album art disappears unless I put it in landscape. Sometimes I get a different album art than the one that's supposed to be there. The reason why is that the song had that album art on there already and you can't overwrite it. I have extreme OCD and I haven't put any more songs on my iPhone 3g until I get this fixed. I'm anal about neatness. I'm going to try Media Monkey and tell you guys how it works out for me.
    2008-09-02 06:50 AM
    I got a fix for problem. Go to the top where it says View on Itunes and change the view to ALBUM. Then when you see an album with no cover art, right click, get info, copy and paste the album art in box, hit ok and voila done. You can also toggle between different views like list, album, coverflow. Sometimes an album art will be in one view but not the other make sure they are viewable in every view and your problem will be fixed.

FYI i'm very anal with neatness. My library took me hours, renaming, genres, ratings, etc. You will be happy with the outcome afterwards.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2008-09-22 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2008-09-22 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD