im running 3.0 on jailbroken ipod touch 2G and i installed mobilephone.app and ssh it to my ipod but when i open it it just closes out, i dont have kate installed. PLEASE HELP!!!!

email me if you know of a solution- [email protected]
    2009-07-22 08:49 PM
    I'm not sure if it'll ever open on an iPod, but you should make sure your permissions are set to 0777 or 0755 and set recursively and that may allow it to open.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-22 09:02 PM
    It opens but it closes out right away I have it set to 0755
    2009-07-22 11:27 PM
    what. would. be. the. point.
    you want an iphone, buy an iphone.
    2009-07-22 11:41 PM
    you want an iphone, buy an iphone.
    +1
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-22 11:49 PM
    OK, than how much would an iphone 3G 8GB cost with out the service?
    2009-07-23 04:57 PM
    OK, than how much would an iphone 3G 8GB cost with out the service?
    I think that's where the confusion for us is...why would you buy the phone with no service? That would be an iPod touch, what you have now. On the other hand, you're trying to put the mobilephone.app on your iPod? Why? I think what we need to ask is what are you trying to do? What result are you looking for by putting the mobilephone.app on your iPod?
    2009-07-23 05:16 PM
    I think that's where the confusion for us is...why would you buy the phone with no service? That would be an iPod touch, what you have now. On the other hand, you're trying to put the mobilephone.app on your iPod? Why? I think what we need to ask is what are you trying to do? What result are you looking for by putting the mobilephone.app on your iPod?
    No I think that he means that he wants to use a prepaid plan or something like that.

@OP: The cost of an 8GB iPhone is pretty cheap nowadays especially if it is a 2G. There is no real "standard" price since it would depend on condition and/or the intelligence of whoever is selling it. If you're buying an iPhone from an idiot you could, possibly, get an amazing deal on it.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-23 05:24 PM
    yes im trying to put the mobilephone.app on my ipod touch 2g 3.0.

i have it on there but when i open it, it closes out right away.
    can anyone help me.

the result that im trying to do is make the app come up and work like on the youtube videos but mine just closes out.
    2009-07-23 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD