User Tag List

Let me first explain my situation: At work, I can connect with my laptop to our work wifi connection via and external usb wifi adapter, but the signal isn't strong enough for my iPod Touch to pick it up. I have a built in wifi card on my laptop and the external adapter....is it possible to use my external adapter to connect to my work wifi, and then use the internal wifi card to create an ad hoc network for my iPod Touch to connect to? Or is there a better way to get wifi connectivity on my ipod?
    2009-09-25 02:53 PM
    Get closer to the WiFi signal or get your employer to buy a more powerful router. Unless you know how to solder these parts together to make the iPod stronger, you need a WiFi signal close enough to get a good connection. Perhaps get your own WiFi router and use your computer to use the WiFi connection to power this new router.
    2009-09-25 11:12 PM
    Perhaps get your own WiFi router and use your computer to use the WiFi connection to power this new router.
    I think it would be tough to sell the idea to my boss that i need him to buy a better router so that I can connect my iPod to the internet... but your suggestion about getting my own WiFi router and using my computer to power the WiFi on this new router is exactly the situation I have.

I have an external router that I am using to connect to my work WiFi, and I have my built in WiFi card that I have used to setup an ad hoc network that I am connecting my iPod to. My iPod will connect to the ad hoc network that I set up, but it will not access the internet. Any suggestions as to why it will connect to ad hoc, but will not connect to the internet?
    Last edited by chrismja; 2009-09-26 at 04:24 PM.
    2009-09-26 04:20 PM
    the connection must die somewhere. maybe u need to buy a repeater or something to make that signal repeat itself.
    2009-09-26 06:07 PM