My brother gave this ipod to fix? He said he jailbroke it and the sleep button got mess up during the jailbraking and then the ipod froze and it just goes to the itunes screen. now. I cant put it in dfu mode to restore it because the sleep button went out . So i downloaded fw 3.0.1 and it worked fine but the sleep button wont work so i cant turn the ipod off. I want to put fw 3.1.2 and jailbreak it and put some emus on their for him. but i keep gettin error 20 with itunes 9.i. ive even tried itune 7.5 and got a library error itl. file. ive even tried to put fw 2.2.1 to start from scratch. error 20. got win xp any thoughts suggestions or help would be nice? I dont have the internet yet so i download stuff from the library. so like is there a fw where i dont have to get on the net in order to update fw 3.1.2 want to check with apple before it installs.
    2010-03-17 10:12 PM
    Download the IPSW's at the library from here felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and put them on a USB stick and take it home.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here
    2010-03-19 02:43 AM
    My sleep/wake button was just stuck, i got to press against something to get a hard enough press. I got it into dfu and got a chance to put 2.2.1 on it. meaning(3.0-ipod touch 2nd gen) and i used quickfreedom. Now i got custom firmare 2.2.1. I use diskaid to transfer files but with emulators i cant change the permissions and i want to put cracked ipa files but my firmware is old so im tring to update my j/b ipod. or there is a patch that will let me play newer games and send files and change permissions without the net?
    2010-03-23 09:50 PM
    Sorry man I can not help you with cracked IPA's here its against the rules and I do not support it, nor will anyone at MMi.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here
    2010-03-24 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD