I bought an older iPod adaptor for my Toyota truck a few months ago, that was made to control first gen iPods. I don't want my headunit to control my itouch, just myself. When I plug my itouch in I would get the "accessory connected" screen, so I jailbroke and got the "noaccessorysplash" from Cydia which gave me back control. Last night I accidently restored my iTouch and installed OS4, which isn't jailbreakable yet. I don't have a way to go back to OS3, but is there some way I can just turn off that damn accessory screen so i can use my itouch again?
    2010-07-25 03:30 AM
    I don't believe you can turn off that splash screen without a jailbreak.
    2010-07-26 07:59 PM
    you will need a jb first
    2010-07-26 08:07 PM
    Wow I never knew there was a "noaccessory splash" notifyer you can turn off via a Jailbreak. There is always something to learn in this community.

My Onkyo dock gives me this screen all the time yet works perfectly. I can't wait to get this.

Is there a reason we get this screen and could it mess up the phone using the accessory ignoring it?
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-07-26 at 08:24 PM.
    2010-07-26 08:21 PM
    I run without that splash screen for the past few years. Its so annoying, I wish they would have an option of turning it off.
    2010-07-26 08:33 PM
    I run without that splash screen for the past few years. Its so annoying, I wish they would have an option of turning it off.
    I agree good to know it hasn't done any harm
    2010-07-26 08:36 PM
    Both my truck and wife's car have ipod dash controls so it forces that accessory splash screen. Luckily its easily removed. I find it much harder to use the dash controls than just the actual on phone controls.
    2010-07-26 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD