I have a 2nd gen iPod Touch with 4.0.1 software. I jailbroke it and installed the Cydia app "veency." I am attempting to connect using "Real VNC" on my Windows 7 laptop. I am able to connect to the iTouch and control it, but I cannot see the image of the iTouch on my computer screen. Any thoughts?
    2010-08-10 08:28 PM
    OK, I got this working, but I'm using the VNC viewer Saurik shows in his demonstration video: TightVNC, from tightvnc.com. It's free. Once installed, I ran the TightVNC Viewer on my laptop (WinXP), then entered the local IP of my iPod, then the password I had set. Then up pops the screen! It is kind of slow and won't display my favorite game (3D Minesweeper); I guess the framerate is too high.

So are you getting an empty display window? Does RealVNC have a module it calls a "viewer"? I am not familiar with it.
    2010-08-10 10:37 PM
    It's a great program. it has a server and a viewer program. it works perfectly with computer-to-computer viewing. I'm not sure if it is compatible with windows 7 so that might be my downfall. I am going to try the program you recommended. I'll let you know how it works.

It didn't work, I have the same issue. I think it may have something to do with either my home network or my iPod touch. I am loking for more suggestions. All I see is black on my computer screen. It still works in controlling the iTouch. I can you the mouse buttons as specified in the video, but it is just a blank screen.
    Last edited by camokillin; 2010-08-10 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 11:26 PM
    Does anyone know anything about solving this problem? This cannot be the first time it has ever happened.

This is what the window looks like using TightVNC:
    Help me see my iTouch on my computer screen-itouch.jpg
    2010-08-11 03:11 AM
    [QUOTE=camokillin;5391641]Does anyone know anything about solving this problem? This cannot be the first time it has ever happened.

I notice you have a 2nd gen iPod touch. That has a slower processor than my 3rd gen. I think Veency is running right on the edge of what the processor can handle. I can't run any program with 3D graphics; I just get that black window like you. But I like that fact that the Windows mouse cursor appears on the iPod. It gives me finer control than my fat finger on the iPod screen which is sometimes useful in certain programs.

EDIT: Oh, and another thought: make sure the program you are interested is the only one running on that multitasking pop-up dock, which appears when you double-click the home button. If there are a lot of them there, hold one of the icons until they wiggle and press the minus signs on all the ones you don't want.
    Last edited by lanulos; 2010-08-11 at 04:53 AM.
    2010-08-11 04:47 AM
    im not running any apps... I am just trying to see the springboard.

I think it might be the lower processing speeds.

maybe someone else can help me out, someone who has previously solved this problem...

thanx tho
    2010-08-11 08:28 AM
    To fix the black screen add this source ratz96 Repository - MyRepoSpace.com and download veency (fixed)
    2010-08-17 05:05 AM
    To fix the black screen add this source ratz96 Repository - MyRepoSpace.com and download veency (fixed)
    That "fixed" Veency just crashes; I went back to the original. That source has cracked apps on it.
    2010-08-17 06:39 AM
    It allowed me to see my iTouch on the screen and control it from the iTouch, but when I attempted to control the it using my computer mouse, it disconnected and restarted the iTouch in safe mode. It does have an update though, I will check that out and let you know.

nope, same deal
    Last edited by camokillin; 2010-08-19 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-19 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.