Hi, i've got an iPod Touch 2G i'm fixing for someone. Fixed the screen and digitizer but once putting it all back together and the home button isn't working. So i've taken it apart again and pressed the little gold square looking thing (the bit for the home button) and it still doesn't work If i press this down is it suppose to work? Or does it have to go through the little bit on the midframe? Need advice asap please.
    Thanks, Greg.

Anyone??????
    Last edited by G-baby158; 2010-10-05 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-05 03:22 PM
    Come on someone must know surely?
    2010-10-07 02:03 PM
    Have you tried pressing the little gold "square" thing, with the digitizer, and the midframe off?
    If you have (try with a stylus or something, something non-conductive; not with your finger!), and it still does not function; sounds like either a loose connection (Don't think they're ribbon connected..), or damaged logic board.
    2010-10-08 06:55 AM
    Yes tried pushing down the little "square" thing with digitizer and midframe off, but only with my finger. I will try again with something today. What would be best because i haven't got a stylus i don't think.
    2010-10-09 11:01 AM
    Yes tried pushing down the little "square" thing with digitizer and midframe off, but only with my finger. I will try again with something today. What would be best because i haven't got a stylus i don't think.
    Anything *should* work.
    Given it's a nonmetal/nonmetallic and isn't conductive..
    You don't want to accidentally bridge two connections..
    Because that would make a nice facepalm..
    2010-10-09 07:37 PM
    You might have to replace the home button flex cable. Seems like nothing else is working so that's the last option I guess.
    2010-10-09 07:43 PM
    If you have no way to get a new home button and can't get a new iPod, you could use activator to simulate a home button press with volume buttons, lock button, touch screen gesture.
    2010-10-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD