User Tag List

I have a jailbroken iPod touch on firmware 4.2.1. Recently, I tried to download the Gangster game from the App Store (shown in the picture). It said the item was unavailabe. After that message went away, the icon for the game showd up and it said loading under it. I waited, and while it downloaded, I played Death Rally. After a while, I exited Death Really, and what i saw is what is in the picture. I already had Springjumps installed on my iPod for the iSwerve theme, but I only had 4 of them enabled. Also, I have the SBsettings to be hidden from my iPod, and it also showed up on my Springboard. For some reason all of the pages were there, and also a blank app called AdSheet and a blank app called iOS Diagnostics. Next to these, I found the default sms app for the iPhone. :/ AdSheet just closed as soon as I open it, and iOS Diagnostics ask me to accept terms and tells me it will senf information to Apple. I exited that App and closed it using SBsettings. I opened the sms app for the iPhone, and it opened up the actual sms app the iPhone uses. I can't send any text messages, but the app is there. I moved it to a folder to see if it was still there, and it was. I then rebooted my iPod, and it went back to normal. All of the Springjump apps disappeared except the four I originally had activated, and the AdSheet, iOS Diagnostics, and sms apps were all gone. I opened the multitasking bar, and the sms app is still there, and I can still access that app through there. Also when I spotlight search "messages", the app comes up there, but other than that, its nowhere to be found on my iPod. I Googled this and wasn't able to find anything. This has never happened to me before, and the sms app was never on my iPod before, even if i searched "messages" in spotlight. The AdSheet app I've seeb before in SBSettings at random times, but I always close that or it closes on its own. iOS Diagnostics and the sms app I have never seen before. Does anyone have any idea how or why this happened?

EDIT: The sms app has a ! on it because I tried sending a message, and it failed. Obviously because I don't have a 3G network. :/
    Attached Thumbnails iPod Touch 4G SMS app glitch?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    Last edited by Pills1221; 2011-04-14 at 11:24 PM.
    2011-04-14 11:21 PM
    iPod 4 has (iPhone) SMS app and phone app built in for FaceTime. Anyway uh can you send me a file of the SMS app? That would be awesome. Also if you really want to, you can get SMS gv extension off of cydia which let's you text using google voice thru the SMS app which is what i want except I new the SMS app (and I have iPod 2 so it doesnt have it built in) so could you send me it?
    2011-04-15 04:29 AM
    How exactly would I send you a file? And does anyone know why I experienced this?
    2011-04-17 04:07 AM
    Read The Bold part of the first post for Instructions of how to enable the sms app

ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339006

You may or may not need the Google voice app from App Store
    you will need a Google voice account

SMS App
    Last GV sms extension before it became paid for iPod

Usually they are hidden but i dont know why it would show up like that
    Last edited by Megaorange; 2011-04-17 at 09:05 AM.
    2011-04-17 08:58 AM
    Email me at [email protected]
    Just SSH a copy of it to your computer and send me it. Thanks! And if there are any unused apps that showed up, delete it or "hide" it with SBsettings
    2011-04-18 03:22 AM
    Read The Bold part of the first post for Instructions of how to enable the sms app

ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339006

You may or may not need the Google voice app from App Store
    you will need a Google voice account

SMS App
    Last GV sms extension before it became paid for iPod

Usually they are hidden but i dont know why it would show up like that
    Thank you for that link. I'll look more into that when I'm on my computer.
    2011-04-18 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD