User Tag List

Right now, I have installed gps phone..and obviously no games due to the fact that I have no clue what to do.

I installed BSD Subsystem...and yet I have no clue what it does.
    Installed Open SSH ..yet it doesn't show up.

Any sites or anyone can spare me step by step detailed information?
    2008-03-21 03:54 AM
    First, to put ROMs in it, follow these steps:

1) Get the gba_bios.bin file (google it) and put it in the gpSPhone.app folder. Don't forget to change the permissions to 755.
    2) Go to var/root/Library (or mobile in 1.1.3-4).
    3) Go inside the Media folder and create "ROMs" (follow EVERY capitalization).
    4) Inside the ROMs folder, create the folder GBA (that is where you put the .gba files you get off the internet. For ROMs, Google "gba roms".
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-03-21 04:30 AM
    you need to google on how to use ssh. Also if you have a mac you can use AppleShare.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-03-21 05:59 AM
    ifilipino
    I'm a step before that.

First question, how do u change the permission and where do I put 755?

Second question, how do u access the iPod VAR/etc.
    2008-03-21 05:27 PM
    like I said, you need to learn how to use ssh
    2008-03-21 05:51 PM
    Ok, Google WinSCP and download it. FTP to your iPod using the "root" & "alpine" to access your iPod's system files. When you log on to your iPod, you should be automatically taken to var/root/mobile.
    2008-03-21 06:34 PM
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    but here's a screenshot of the WINSCP.

Is it possible for you to walk me through this?

Am I even using the right program?
    2008-03-22 02:59 AM
    Yep. Ok, now just go to Settings>WiFi. REMEMBER: You have to be connected to the internet. Now click the blue button on the WiFi signal you are connected to. You should see your IP Address, that is what you type on your Host name. Directions:

Host name: IP ADDRESS
    Username: root
    Password: alpine

REMEMBER: You should have SSH activated. Install BossPrefs to active/deactivate it.

You now should be taken automatically to private/var/root/Library (or private/var/root/mobile - in 1.1.3 or 1.1.4).

Media is where all your games should go. (Media>ROMs (create it if it doesn't exist)>GBA (also create)> and that is where your .gba files should go. You don't have to change the permissions I believe (Right-Click>Properties [default=644]).
    2008-03-22 03:45 AM
    I entered everything from the IP ADRESS to the Username and password yet I end up with the Connection Failed box.

I installed boss prefs, I put on WiFi, and turned SSH on from the configure menu.

Currently, Open SSH Does not show up on my iPod if it's supposed to.

Screenshot below of the configurations I put in.

2008-03-22 05:46 AM
    To SSH into your Ipod follow this guide:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

If you still cant connect just make sure your IP address is correct and check your firewall settings.

The process to install GPS Phone Games is different depending on which firmware you are running. There are two procedures, one for firmware 1.1.1-1.1.2 and another procedure for firmwares 1.1.3-1.1.4.

1) Google and download gba_bios.bin You need this file to run gba games in an emulator.

Assuming you have firmware 1.1.3/1.1.4
    1) SSH into your ipod and go to the applications folder. Find the gpsphone folder and drag your gba_bios.bin file into it.
    2) Now navigate to private/var/mobile/Media. If the Media file doesnt exist create it by right clicking in the window and selecting create directory.
    3)Then in the Media folder create another folder called ROMs. This is case sensitive so be carefull.
    4)Then inside this folder create another folder called GBA, again case sensitive. Your path should now look like this private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA
    5) Now just drag all your rom files into this folder. Once they are all copied select all the files, right click and select properties. at the bottom is a box that says Octal and it should have the number 0644 in it. Change this to say 0755 and click ok.
    6) Diconnect and Reboot your Ipod by holding down the sleep button.
    7) Enjoy your new game boy advance!!!!
    2008-03-23 03:46 PM
    Ha, that's what I have been trying to say.
    2008-03-23 04:23 PM
    try port 22
    2008-03-23 04:24 PM
    Yeah the previous post is correct I just looked at your picture more closely, Also your File Protocol is wrong.

In the WinSCP login window make sure the port is set to 22 and the file protocol is set to SFTP and check the box next to it that says "Allow SCP Fallback"
    2008-03-23 05:03 PM
    =/
    I'm really sorry, My iPod must really hate me...

I have set EVERYTHING on the WinSCP.

I think the problem is with the iPod...

When I set everything especially SFTP and ALLOW SCP Fallback, I clicked login and a box appears telling me connection refused??

The WiFi is even turned on.

Is my iPod beyond saving now...?
    2008-03-23 11:49 PM
    Hm, try it on another computer. The computer you're using has to be on the same connection as your iPod.
    2008-03-23 11:56 PM
    Make sure that ssh is enabled in BossPrefs
    2008-03-23 11:56 PM
    ah,
    i think i see the problem here.

BossPrefs does not have the Open SSH enable option for me.

I went to config then turned Show Open SSH on..but I still don't see it.

In fact, Open SSH doesn't even show anywhere on my iPod though it is installed.

Any solutions?
    2008-03-24 01:00 AM
    Open SSH never shows up as an icon on the springboard it is just process that operates in the background. If you installed it properly there should be a switch in BossPrefs to turn it on and off. If there is a switch there and it says SSH is enabled then it is working. If it does not show up in BossPrefs then go into installer and uninstall SSH then reinstall.
    2008-03-24 01:10 AM
    Wow!
    Thank you so much!
    Both of you iFilipino and sycgolfer22!!
    I successfully got in through WinSCP.

*sigh* but sadly there comes my problems again...
    I cannot see the gpsphone.app folder =(

here's a screenshot below
    2008-03-24 01:26 AM
    Just click on the folder at the top of the window that has the arrow in it with the three periods behind it. That takes you back one folder. Just hit that a couple times till you see the applications folder. It is in the directory: /private/var
    2008-03-24 01:36 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD