Hey everyone, a customer left their iPod Touch 2nd generation for repair.

A cracked screen, simple repair, right? WRONG! No digitizer, from other fully functioning iPod Touch 2nd generation or a brand new one seem to be working on this iPod Touch.

Everything seems to be working perfectly fine (LCD is flawless, sleep/wake button is splendid, dock connector is great) but no digitizer seems to work!

Is it possible that this could be damage to the mainboard? I can't come up with any other conclusion! I have restored it several times (prior to switching the digitizer and with the new one already put on)!

Any and all help would be super! Thanks!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2011-10-20 05:56 AM
    Nobody knows anything about this...?
    2011-10-21 03:20 AM
    I am guessing its probably the connector on the logic board then if no digi is working
    2011-10-21 06:21 AM
    I'll assume that you mean to say that the logicboard is damaged? I'm guessing a simple "repair-man" won't be able to fix this?
    2011-10-21 06:56 AM
    No how to solder?
    2011-10-21 07:04 AM
    I have never soldered before nor do I even have a soldering iron. Even if I had the equipment, I don't think this would be any cake walk.
    2011-10-21 07:14 AM
    Yeah you will probably need an expert then
    2011-10-21 03:30 PM
    Hey everyone, a customer left their iPod Touch 2nd generation for repair.

A cracked screen, simple repair, right? WRONG! No digitizer, from other fully functioning iPod Touch 2nd generation or a brand new one seem to be working on this iPod Touch.

Everything seems to be working perfectly fine (LCD is flawless, sleep/wake button is splendid, dock connector is great) but no digitizer seems to work!

Is it possible that this could be damage to the mainboard? I can't come up with any other conclusion! I have restored it several times (prior to switching the digitizer and with the new one already put on)!

Any and all help would be super! Thanks!
    What kind of repairs do you do?
    2011-10-21 11:43 PM
    The easy kind (digitizer, LCD, home/power/volume button(s), housing, etc).
    2011-10-24 02:36 PM
    I have run into this issue a few times. I hate to tell you that it is your Logic Board and it is not a simple fix. From this point you will need to get someone who has a re-flow heating station and you will need to re-flow that board. It is most likely the connector that the digitizer plugs into. That's about all I can tell you.
    2011-10-26 06:25 PM
    I had the equipment, I don't think this would be any cake walk.
    2011-11-11 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD