Right now I am connected to my iPod through winscp, and I'm not seeing a var/root/media folder. Instead of var, it brings me to private/var is that normal? Should I make a folder titled media?
    2008-03-27 09:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's normal....now under the window for your ipod there should be a button to create new diretory. Create a folder in private/var/root called Media.....make sure the first letter is capitalized....that should do it.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?
    2008-03-27 10:13 PM
    It's there in Mobile Finder, but when I look in there with anything else it's not there.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, it was under Mobile for some reason.

EDIT 2: That didn't work so I just made a folder like you said.
    Last edited by Russ3ll; 2008-03-28 at 01:24 AM.
    2008-03-27 10:44 PM
    It's there in Mobile Finder, but when I look in there with anything else it's not there.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, it was under Mobile for some reason.

EDIT 2: That didn't work so I just made a folder like you said.
    Evolution or Russel,

I'm having the same issue...you just made the file? Can you find everything else?

I seem to only be able to find summerboard in library, but it lists only ones I cant see or use!

I'm just confused because I expected to see something simlilair to what I see in mobile finder, but I dont. I see no apps, summerboard doesnt have near the list that I actually have installed, theres practically nothing.

I'm wondering why I would have to create the media Folder?
    How is the fuction different from other versions?
    What is in the Media folder for people that dont create it?

How was this just expendable for versions like mine?
    Why do none of the guides mention different directories, as if every one looks the same?

As you can see, I am extremely frustrated due to searching for answers to these questions since Sunday night.

Any help and/or answers to these questions will be GREATLY appreciated...
    2008-04-01 04:30 PM
    Hey I understand. I just upgraded to 1.1.4 and when I sshd the applications were hidden. I toyed around with permissions 777,775,755 then I did some more searching and when I backed out of the folders I ended up in Applications, magically showing all the apps. I also had a problem finding the library folders for customize and summerboard
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?
    2008-04-01 11:40 PM
    Go to var/root/mobile...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-02 01:02 AM
    i have same problems with putting PDF files in iPhone. I do not see media folder under var/root. There is only a Library folder. then, I noted that a media folder under Mobile. So, i first created a PDF folder in Mobile/Media, later, I managed to SSH PDF files in Mobile/Media. I could locate the ssh-ed PDF files in the folder with iPhone's MObile Finder. I also changed the octal code. But, when i click on PDF viewer.app icon, the PDF files not show up.

I thought perhaps I made a mistake, as many forum post said taht I should create the PDF in var/root/Media. Since i didn't see the Media folder in var/root, so I created one, and then created a sub-folder named PDf under var/root/Media. Again, doesn't work. Strangely, with MObile Finder, I can't find var/root, how come?

can somebody please help... it has taken me a lot of time to figure out the fix. Pls help.

i have same problems with putting PDF files in iPhone. I do not see media folder under var/root. There is only a Library folder. then, I noted that a media folder under Mobile. So, i first created a PDF folder in Mobile/Media, later, I managed to SSH PDF files in Mobile/Media. I could locate the ssh-ed PDF files in the folder with iPhone's MObile Finder. I also changed the octal code. But, when i click on PDF viewer.app icon, the PDF files not show up.

I thought perhaps I made a mistake, as many forum post said taht I should create the PDF in var/root/Media. Since i didn't see the Media folder in var/root, so I created one, and then created a sub-folder named PDf under var/root/Media. Again, doesn't work. Strangely, with MObile Finder, I can't find var/root, how come?

can somebody please help... it has taken me a lot of time to figure out the fix. Pls help.
    Last edited by wings666; 2008-06-06 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-06 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD