so...everything on my iPhone works. youtube, safari, maps...but i tried recently to install music on my iphone for the first time. i bought this iphone via ebay and its unlocked. i have tmobile. so...everything works. i installed itunes...and yea...put on like 3 songs...and tried to synch it. it doesn synch!?! so like it tells me i need to update my itunes...but from my understanding...thats bad? so i dont know what to do now. im not the biggest whiz on technology so all i need is a little help or info on why my ipod part of the phone doesn't work. everytime i TRY to synch...i hit synch...and when i look at my iphone...all it does is...it shows the "synch" being done but for like a mili-second. and then it vamps back to the homepage. so everytime i click synch...it shows it on my iphone for like a second...and nothing. i checked everything. even my photo album on it doesnt work. HELP!
    2007-10-09 05:50 AM
    Update your iTunes. Just don't update your iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-10-09 05:51 AM
    yea update your itunes and make sure your iphone is not plug in then disable all auto updates
     Think Different
    2007-10-09 06:30 AM
    okay...just to be clear... i click update and i have to unplug my iphone and let it do its thing? and then click no auto update?
    Last edited by photonprism; 2007-10-09 at 06:07 PM.
    2007-10-09 05:36 PM
    Yes,

THROW away your iPhone, leave iTunes ALONE. just kidding ^_^
    2007-10-09 09:45 PM
    so i finally got a chance to try this updating of the itunes you all told me to do...and it tells me that my iphones up to date with the software...adn that i "must" restore my iphone. but i hear that you can lose all your data if you do that? now what do i do? it tells me to restore my iphone and when i plug it in...my iphone is telling me to connect to itunes.
    2007-10-12 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD