@Eng

Use Quickfreedom, don't use QuickPown as it's a pain and mostly used for iPhone. Search the forum or Google for Quickfreedom.

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers
    2009-03-19 05:05 PM
    I have iPod touch the 1st generation, does Quick Freedom will work for it?

Thanks
    2009-03-19 06:53 PM
    Sure does! Let us know if you have any other questions.
    -

EDIT: http://quickfreedom.com/
    Last edited by AppleIT; 2009-03-19 at 07:19 PM.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers
    2009-03-19 07:16 PM
    I tryed, but in the process of copying the original firmware file I receive a message "Firmware Error, Unable to copy".....

Please your support

it worked; I did re-download the Firmware from Modmyi.com and it worked

thanks for your help
    Last edited by eng; 2009-03-19 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-19 09:16 PM
    I tryed, but in the process of copying the original firmware file I receive a message "Firmware Error, Unable to copy".....

Please your support

it worked; I did re-download the Firmware from Modmyi.com and it worked

thanks for your help
    That sounds like a firmware issue. You should re-download the firmware, and make sure that it's the RIGHT firmware for you device, (iPod/iPhone) and firmware (2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2/2.1/2.2/2.2.1)...
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-03-21 05:17 AM
    juz registered here.. any guide to jailbreak ipod touch 2.2.1 thru Windows? NOT ipod touch 2G.

thanx
    2009-05-01 09:51 AM
    Just follow the guide for Mac 2.2.1. It's almost identical.
    2009-05-02 01:38 AM
    Is it really works (jailbreak) on ipod touch version 2.2.1 coz i can't afford to get another new one..ok...thanks first n please give me some advise............................................ ....................
    Last edited by bangali; 2009-05-15 at 11:23 AM. Reason: no one reply lol........
    2009-05-15 11:16 AM
    There is a 1% chance that it won't work. And if for some reason, that happens, all you have to do it plug your iPod in, click restore, and it will immediately be fixed. There is nothing that you can do to break your iPod, besides physically smashing it, I promise.
    2009-05-17 07:52 AM
    hey thanks for all the info.
    my itouch 2g is 2.2.1 ... any way to jailbreak it?
    i downloaded quickpwn and the 2.2.1 firmware, but when i browse for the firmware, the picture of my ipod and the checkmark never show up.. :S i've tried it a million times now and the same thing happened to my friend. Any tips?

-cherrie
    2009-05-18 02:42 AM
    ok then since u says that there is nothing that i can do to break my iPod...i'll give it a try but still am i confusing about something else like where n what suppose to do?
    Can u pls. guide me step by step coz i'm dummies......thank you so much n thanks again for replying me thanks thanks thanks
    2009-05-18 10:30 AM
    I don't know if you know the answer to this question, but let's say I jailbreak my phone but I don't like it, could I restore it using iTunes?
    2009-06-09 04:15 AM
    There is a 1% chance that it won't work. And if for some reason, that happens, all you have to do it plug your iPod in, click restore, and it will immediately be fixed. There is nothing that you can do to break your iPod, besides physically smashing it, I promise.
    I don't know if you know the answer to this question, but let's say I jailbreak my phone but I don't like it, could I restore it using iTunes?
    yes, the answer was just a couple posts above yours my friend.
    You can also search for anything you need in the search box.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-06-09 04:19 AM
    Ah, didn't see that, thank you
    2009-06-09 04:32 AM
    k i have a second gen. ipod touch and tried to do 1.1.3 with ziphone.. and im pretty sure i jsut deleted all the data on it. i dont really know. shold i click restore on itunes ? wat do i do ?!?!

i have a ipod touch second gen. and i tried to use 1.1.3 with ziphone and im pretty sure i just deleted all teh data on it.. did i like do the wron gone ? should i click restore on itunes ? because tahts all thats like there. ...
    Last edited by atlf013; 2009-06-26 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-26 07:58 PM
    wonderful `thanks you guys ....great work!

after the jb ..can i still update to (3.0) ??wat d risk?? information please anyone???appreciate it..!!
    Last edited by bangali; 2009-06-27 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-27 05:00 AM
    k i have a second gen. ipod touch and tried to do 1.1.3 with ziphone.. and im pretty sure i jsut deleted all the data on it. i dont really know. shold i click restore on itunes ? wat do i do ?!?!
    ZiPhone doesn't work for iPod Touch 2g. First update your iPod to 3.0, then download Redsn0w 3.0 off of the dev-team's blog. Follow the instructions on that, and you should be jailbroken on 3.0.

wonderful `thanks you guys ....great work!
    after the jb ..can i still update to (3.0) ??wat d risk?? information please anyone???appreciate it..!!
    If you upgrade firmware while jailbroken, it will upgrade to the default apple 3.0 and you'll lose your jailbreak. While you're jailbroken, it's easiest just to make a custom firmware with PwnageTool, and shift+click or option+click on restore in iTunes, and use that custom bundle.
    2009-07-03 01:37 AM
    what do i do if it stays on the white screen. it only stays there.
    2009-09-10 08:57 AM
    how do i jailbrak it to 3.1.1 FW
    2009-09-14 07:42 AM
    Is there even a 3.1.1? I've heard of 3.1 but not .1.1. Theres a pwnagetool on the dev-team's blog for mac iphone 2g-3g but thats its for now. :/

Kaister: Does that happen when you're putting it into DFU to restore or during redsn0w or what?
    2009-09-23 08:17 AM
207 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD