Hey, well I've having a little problem with my 3rd Gen 32gb iPod Touch.

It's being a right bugger after restoring =|

I was originally on 3.1.3, then I downgraded to 3.1.2, then I upgraded to IOS4 to jailbreak with sn0wbreeze. It worked! Then I downloaded cydia apps, got caught in endless safe mode and had to restore -.-

I redid everything that I did before, downgraded to 3.1.2, reupgraded with custom 4 firmware. This time though, After it's done and I ran ibooty to load it up, I'm getting stuck on the connect to itunes screen. Not restore mode, the one after you have restored, like when you buy a new ipod. I plug it in and itunes isn't detecting it or doing anything? I can take screenshots by pressing the power and home button, and it shows in my computer, and tinyumbrella etc. :S

So after this I thought i'd try going back to 3.1.2 and try the whole process again. It's now decided that it wants to do this with 3.1.2 aswell. I'm stuck on this screen:

iTunes wont detect it but everything else does. What the bloody hell is happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks, Chris
    2010-07-14 08:27 PM
    Try restoring on custom firmware without downgrading and boot it again with ibooty.
    2010-07-14 09:08 PM
    It was just on official IOS4 and still showing that screen, so I tried to install the custom 4, and it just was stuck on preparing ipod for restore. So shall I go to 3.1.2 and then upto custom 4? Or shall I go to 3.1.3 then custom 4?

Thanks for the help, Chris

EDIT: Right, I'm on 3.1.3 and it's working. I'm now debating wether to have one more attempt at going to 3.1.2 then 4 or just leave it as it is. I think I'll have one more atetmpt then if not go back to 3.1.3.

ITS DONE! I'm now on 3G 32gb IOS4 jailbroken Its tethered but I don't give a damn :P

I went to 3.1.3, then 3.1.2 then upto 4 with custom firmware
    Last edited by ChrissehB; 2010-07-14 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-14 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD