Can I hook up a mac mini to a Windows desktop and will it turn it into a Mac? I see videos on youtube of non Macs running OSX using mac mini and I want to know if it's really that simple.
    2011-01-10 12:32 AM
    your question doesn't make sense.
    the mac mini is a computer, so yes you could plug it into a monitor you use for windows computers, but you can't just plug one computer into another computer, now if all you want to accomplish is having a non-mac run mac os x, then yes that is VERY possible, and it's called hackintosh. I'd be happy to help more if you need it, and if you want to post the youtube video you're referring to, that may help us understand what you're saying... Hope that helps
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2011-01-10 12:48 AM
    Maybe I answered my own question. I've been doing more research on this and found this video. My next step would be to go to Best Buy, get a salesperson's help so I can get the best supplies at the best price so I can have the perfect hackintosh.
    2011-01-10 01:16 AM
    ummmm... you're confused.
    that's not a hackintosh at all....im not gunna lie, after interpreting what you said all youre trying to do is get a mac mini..... you're just buying a computer....
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2011-01-10 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD