It’s now Day 6 of the big 12 Days of Gifts event, which means Apple has removed the Hugo movie and posted a new free item for download. Today’s gift is the song “New Year’s Eve Mix” by the popular Swedish producer Avicii. As many of you Avicii fans may already know, it has been a huge year for the artist who has been topping charts around the globe with his latest album True. The New Year’s Eve Mix is a 9-minute track that features a mashup of some of his hit songs from that album such as “Hey Brother.” The iTunes description of Avicii’s True album states the following:

When Avicii unveiled a full folk band to perform the bluegrass-tinted cut “Wake Me Up” featuring Aloe Blacc at a massive Miami gig, the song was met with skepticism. But as the single raced up international pop charts and set the tone for his earnest and idealistic second album, True, Avicii was vindicated. To simply call him a DJ, a producer, or a remixer would be a misnomer; he’s actually a pop composer, commanding huge, unabashedly uplifting melodies set to mainstream dance tracks, with nary a sample or interpolation in sight.
    Today’s free gift includes what appears to be a music video fo Avicii’s hit song, You make me, and then the aforementioned 9+ minute song mashed up with Hey Brother and I Could Be the One, both of which were hits.

One thing to keep in mind is that the gift is only available until the end of the day so it’s worth grabbing even if you don’t think you’ll listen to it right away. Also note that the downloads are typically different depending on your country or region. This is the first time that the US hasn’t been able to participate in Apple’s gift-giving event and thus far it’s been fairly tame. Still, it’s really hard to argue with the price tag of being free.

If you haven’t downloaded the “12 Days of Gifts” app already, remember to get the 64.7 MB app for free from the App Store.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2013-12-31 02:07 PM
    Day 7 is better Rayman jungle run
    2013-12-31 02:52 PM
    Day 7 is better Rayman jungle run
    Isnt it already free?
    2013-12-31 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD