The Academy Award-winning screenwriter, Aaron Sorkin, recently turned in a script for a full-length feature film adaptation of Walter Isaacson’s biography of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs. The news was tacked on to a report discussing the renewal and final season Sorkin’s HBO drama series, “The Newsroom,” where Variety confirmed that the “Social Network” scribe has handed in a script for the currently unnamed Jobs project.

Details regarding the script are sparse, though Sorkin has stated previously that his Jobs biopic would be more of a painting than a photograph. In a 2012 interview at the AllThingsD’s D10 conference, Sorkin admitted to liking the challenge to writing a screenplay about the Beatles. He said the following regarding the matter:

"I'm probably going to instead identify the point of friction that appeals to me and write about that," Sorkin said, adding that Jobs was "an extremely complicated guy, that I know for sure."
    News of Sony looking to make the film first came in October 2011, just weeks after Jobs lost his flight with pancreatic cancer. In 2012, Sorkin officially decided to sign on to pen the script, which will be an adaptation of Walter Isaacson’s “Steve Jobs” biography. Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak was attached to the film as a “tutor” to the cast and crew. In subsequent interviews, Sorkin revealed that the movie will consist of scenes that take place before the unveilings of three key products: the original Mac, NeXT and the iPod. This isn’t a surprise as Jobs was well known for his public speaking, especially during keynotes and product introductions.

The upcoming movie will be the second attempt at a Steve Jobs feature after Indie film, “Jobs” was met with poor reviews.

Source: Variety

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-01-14 04:56 PM
    Didn't we just have one of these?
    2014-01-14 04:59 PM
    I think we are going to see a lot of these biopics of Steve for sometime to come. He did revolutionize mobile communication with the iPhone yes/no? I don't think its crazy to see many movies about such a man.
    2014-01-14 05:35 PM
    I just wish there was one film about Jobs but done the right way. Imo, I think his early life, getting Apple started was by far the most interesting and intriguing part of his life. Thinking differently.. Dropping out of college, being a groupie and getting high on LSD, randomly traveling across the globe with little to no money, calling up the head of HP for a job?!! I'd say that is what I'd like in a Steve Jobs movie
    2014-01-14 11:45 PM
    They should base the next Star Wars movie on the story of his life, with Steve Jobs as a Jedi knight and Bill Gates in an oversized Darth Vader costume.
    2014-01-16 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD