From what I've seen, more people dislike the boarder less appearance makes elements like navigation buttons much less defined than they were before. What's worse is that rather than actually allowing real theming, like Android and Windows Phone have for quite sometime, they just throw a whole new look and dictate that everyone must just accept it if they wish to continue using iOS (especially since you cannot choose the version you wish to run on hardware they you own...), and I'm not even going to get into all the elements in iOS 7 that have been blatantly lifted from both Android and Windows Phone.

To fair though, I don't believe Apple was wrong for wanting to try a different overall look and feel, but this just at the same time, there is a difference between trying something and forcing it on your clientele and depriving them of having any choice (without jail-breaking at least.)
    I really can't understand how the navigation bar buttons are at all harder to distinguish compared to iOS 6. They're bigger, and the back arrow in iOS 7 is actually more obvious. Some buttons outside the navigation bar I cloud maybe understand, but they're still pretty clear given proper context, delineation (when necessary) and color.

As for theming, I think the main elements people have an issue with are too deep within the interface of an app to leave it up to the user to change. Developers should be allowed to create their own interfaces without users complaining because some third-party theme makes it look dumb or not have proper contrast (and the user not realizing the app developer isn't to blame). And it's pretty clear when you look at some apps that Apple doesn't force them to use things like white navigation bars or buttons that aren't contained within boxes. They can customize the interface almost as much as they want, as long as it isn't to some crazy point where it becomes disorienting. They can even allow the user to choose different themes within the app.

For some reason I have never come across a home screen/launcher or lock screen theme on either iOS or Android that I like better than the stock version, but I guess an argument could be made for making those available. Themes for stock apps would go in the same category.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2014-02-18 at 04:29 AM.
    2014-02-18 04:22 AM
    And you know this how exactly? Would you care to share any hard data, that shows to some reasonable degree that the majority of iOS 7 users are really satisfied with the look and feel and not just going with it because they don't have a fing choice?
    Haha they don't have a choice? Seriously don't pull that crap, people choose to update Apple does not force you to update. Most people that update and find out they don't like iOS 7 because they never did any research before updating.
    2014-02-18 04:54 AM
    cmwade77 i would like to see you design a system like iOS 7... if a 2year old can a suppose you can too:-)
    When did he say it was made by a 2 year old? This is a simile, obviously.

From what I've seen, more people dislike the boarder less appearance makes elements like navigation buttons much less defined than they were before. What's worse is that rather than actually allowing real theming, like Android and Windows Phone have for quite sometime, they just throw a whole new look and dictate that everyone must just accept it if they wish to continue using iOS (especially since you cannot choose the version you wish to run on hardware they you own...), and I'm not even going to get into all the elements in iOS 7 that have been blatantly lifted from both Android and Windows Phone.

To fair though, I don't believe Apple was wrong for wanting to try a different overall look and feel, but this just at the same time, there is a difference between trying something and forcing it on your clientele and depriving them of having any choice (without jail-breaking at least.)
    Spot on!👍
    Last edited by LittleGod; 2014-02-18 at 05:22 AM.
    2014-02-18 05:19 AM
    With the mess that iOS7 is, I think it would have been great to see this happen. Really, iOS7 does look like a 2 year old designed it.
    I was thinking the same thing, when I saw the word "briefly" in the thread title my first thought was to hope that it was a type and that the author meant to type "PERMANENTLY" instead of "BRIEFLY".

cmwade77 i would like to see you design a system like iOS 7... if a 2year old can a suppose you can too:-)
    Wow, so because someone can or can't design an OS means that they can't have a legitimate opinion on whether it looks good or not? I guess when I see an ugly car I can't say it looks ugly because I don't build cars? Or when I see an ugly person I can't say they look ugly because I don't make humans?

Amazing how people have nothing better to do than refresh this directory watching for changes. Thanks Jony for creating a Fisher Price my first iPhone.
    Oh come on bro you know you like it when 3yr olds are always complimenting on how cool your icons look

And you know this how exactly? Would you care to share any hard data, that shows to some reasonable degree that the majority of iOS 7 users are really satisfied with the look and feel and not just going with it because they don't have a fing choice?
    That's just it, people try to act like "oh the adoption rate is high so people must love it", a lot of people are FORCED to love it because it came on their device! I've talked to so many people who've said they tried to "search the internet" to figure out a way to DOWNGRADE back to iOS 6 but found out that it wasn't possible. Now the people who purposely updated are a different story. But then again I've talked to plenty of people who updated and said they didn't realize what they were in for until it was too late.

My family and I love ios7 (we've all had iPhones from the get go). It's classy, sleek and really fun to use. Isn't that the whole idea of the iPhone? If your complaining about it then get an Android because you've lost your love for the iPhone. And that to me is really sad :-(
    Judging by your avatar I'd say you're far from knowing anything about what "classy" is. You look like you drive a KIA and shop at Whole Foods

Haha they don't have a choice? Seriously don't pull that crap, people choose to update Apple does not force you to update. Most people that update and find out they don't like iOS 7 because they never did any research before updating.
    Agreed!

Like seriously, what normal person with any bit of taste would say that the iOS 7 Notes app looks amazing compared to iOS 6??

2014-02-18 05:55 AM
    Haha they don't have a choice? Seriously don't pull that crap, people choose to update Apple does not force you to update.
    Oh stop it. You know full damn well that if you have to restore for any reason, then you have no choice but to update to iOS 7. This is A FACT. It's you who's trying to put a spin on this reality.

Most people that update and find out they don't like iOS 7 because they never did any research before updating.
    Again, you're ignoring the people who updated because they either had to do that or have a brick or because some clueless dev made his app "require" iOS 7.x only by way of setting the min OS flag in the app's property list file. It's totally ignorant and degrading of you to just assume that anyone who ended up on iOS 7 and doesn't like it had done no research.
    Last edited by alanjf; 2014-02-18 at 07:12 AM.
    2014-02-18 07:01 AM
    Oh stop it. You know full damn well that if you have to restore for any reason, then you have no choice but to update to iOS 7. This is A FACT. It's you who's trying to put a spin on this reality.

Again, you're ignoring the people who updated because they either had to do that or have a brick or because some clueless dev made his app "require" iOS 7.x only by way of setting the min OS flag in the app's property list file. It's totally ignorant and degrading of you to just assume that anyone who ended up on iOS 7 and doesn't like it had done no research.
    Ugh, sorry forgot about Apples iTunes firmware update problem. I didn't even think about having to restore iDevices.
    2014-02-18 09:25 AM
    With the mess that iOS7 is, I think it would have been great to see this happen. Really, iOS7 does look like a 2 year old designed it.
    Trolls. Go back to phandroid or whatever broke mobile os blog you go to.
    2014-02-18 11:07 AM
    Really, I'm not for blanket statements and needless insulting of products and people, but one should never be afraid to hear other points of view rather than just being so dismissive every time and pretend that no critique can be valid, even juvenile ones. Not everyone who isn't fond of iOS 7 isn't necessarily against iOS or Apple, or a user of another OS. Do you really feel that everyone has to just fall inline and agree with what you feel is the one "right" view? Far be it for anyone to be able to actually think for themselves... the sheer audacity of it... for shame...
    2014-02-18 05:16 PM
    Ahh...reverse trolling.
    Reverse trolling, otherwise known as the 'Pee Wee Herman Defence' only works on kiddies. All adults here judging by the high level of intelligent, constructive criticism in the comments.

Read this for some tips (and better luck next time &#128077
    http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html
    2014-02-18 10:54 PM
    This arguing is ridiculous...

You like iOS 7; good for you.
    You like iOS 6 and below; good for you.

Everybody shut up!!!
    2014-02-19 12:40 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD