On Tuesday, Apple released another incremental update for its Mavericks operating system. This time around, OS X 10.9.2 repairs a significant SSL-related security issue for Mac users that we've been reporting about at length in recent days.

Previously, the aforementioned SSL security issue was also addressed for iOS devices in last week's release of iOS 7.0.6.

Beyond the essential security fix, Apple also rolled out a few attractive new features in S X 10.9.2 related to FaceTime calls (users can now make and accept FaceTime audio calls) and user blocking on iMessage.

Beyond that which was already stated, today's Mavericks update also:

• Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
    • Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
    • Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
    • Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
    • Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
    • Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
    • Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder

Source: Apple
    2014-02-25 08:01 PM
    Does anyone else have problems with FaceTime and Messages not recognizing a contacts phone number after the update? I have my contacts saved without the international prefix +XX and in the apps the numbers appear like +XX-xxx-xxxxxx and I can't save that number to any of my contacts because it recognizes it and doesn't add it, yet it won't show me the contact name in the conversation list/history list, only the international number.
    2014-02-25 09:05 PM
    No none of the above
    However tones was missing from iTunes still having file and folder trouble
    Another call to apple coming up like tomorrow
    2014-02-25 10:56 PM
    Still waiting on a fix for AirPlay Mirroring... constant freezing/crashing when trying to mirror any video (just mirroring the desktop seems fine).
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR
    2014-02-26 07:15 AM
    Was mountain lion affected by this?
    2014-02-27 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD