Shortly after Apple began taking orders for the new Mac Pro back in December, shipping estimates slipped to “February.” It has recently been discovered that Apple won’t be able to meet that deadline for a number of customers.

Some customers are reporting that Apple representatives are stating that their 6-core unit, which was originally ordered on January 7, “will not ship in February as originally stated” and instead “will be shipping in 5-7 business days and will be reflected in the on-line shipping status early next week.” Other users are have been notified of similar delays, with the delays putting deliveries in the first or second week of March.

The text from one of the emails sent out to a customer can be seen below:

We'd like to give you another update on the status of your Mac Pro order.

Your Mac Pro is still scheduled to ship in February. We'll send you an email notification with the delivery date and tracking information once its on its way.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online store. If you have an iOS device, you can check your order status using the Apple Store app for iPad or iPhone.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting the new Mac Pro to you as soon as possible.
    Current US Apple Online Store orders for the Mac Pro have been an expected ship date of April.

Have any of you been affected by this?

Source: Apple via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-02-28 07:11 AM
    Again, I´ve to ask who would waste $4k on those crap specifications? You could build your own computer with those same specs and not even go anywhere near $4k.....
    2014-02-28 05:30 PM
    Again, I´ve to ask who would waste $4k on those crap specifications? You could build your own computer with those same specs and not even go anywhere near $4k.....
    Actually you're wrong. They have done a comparison with a windows PC and to get the same results it would cost about $11,000 or something stupid
    2014-03-01 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD