Apple is once again awarding some handsome stock paydays to its executive leadership in appreciation of their sound creative and financial stewardship of the world's most profitable company.

According to details made public through an SEC filing, six Apple executives were awarded more than 35,000 restrictive stock units (RSUs) each.

Doesn't sound like much, but at AAPL's current price levels, that amounts to approximately $19 million per executive. For Apple, these attractive bonuses are all part of an Apple-centric executive retention program that rewards leadership with further investment in the company. The vesting of these RSUs, for example, takes place in three intervals through 2018, and clearly encourages loyalty and commitment to Apple.

Receiving equal bonus awards were Apple SVP of Operations Jeffrey E. Williams, general counsel and SVP of Legal and Government Affairs Bruce Sewell, SVP of Worldwide Marketing Philip Schiller, SVP of Hardware Engineering Dan Riccio, SVP of Software Engineering Craig Federighi and SVP of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue.
    Based on details gleaned from the SEC documents, each exec listed above was awarded an initial batch of shares that will vest into full shares of AAPL on April 1, 2016.

Source: WallStreet Pitt
    2014-03-06 06:48 PM
    To be a top level employee at Apple..anyones dream job. "Show me the $$" haha!
    2014-03-06 07:14 PM
    Gotta love how the picture shows stacks of one dollar bills for people who makes millions.
    2014-03-06 08:59 PM
    I think it's good that a majority of an executive's pay is tied to LT bonuses or stock options. They should be a minimum of 5 years though. It ensure that they are truly compensated based on the success of the business, and don't get paid no matter what happens. It also ensure they don't make decision that only benefit the short term so they can earn a quick buck and run before it crashes down.

The problem with bonuses is that they usually set the bar too low. And with stocks price can go down systematically that is beyond the control of the company execs.
    2014-03-06 10:25 PM
    I'm on a one-man crusade against pennies and dollar bills. I leave pennies behind at the cash register and trade in dollar bills to the bank for dollar coins.
    2014-03-07 12:32 AM
    Gotta love how the picture shows stacks of one dollar bills for people who makes millions.
    You think a photographer has access to stacks of hundreds? Or even one hundred?
    2014-03-07 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD