Poised to assume her new role as head of retail operations at Apple, the outgoing Burberry Chief Executive Angela Ahrendts is receiving a mammoth honor in the United Kingdom today. Ms. Ahrendts will be recognized Monday as a "Dame of the British Empire."

This particular title of dame is the female equivalent of knighthood, or being named a “sir” in the U.K. Damehood for a non-British national (Ahrendts is from Indiana) can only be approved by the Queen herself.

For what it's worth, Ahrendts also placed number 53 in the 2013 edition of the Forbes World's Most Powerful Women list.

Apple hired Ahrendts last fall to lead its retail operations, although she hasn't yet taken over the position. "I am thrilled to announce that Angela Ahrendts will be joining Apple as a senior vice president and member of our executive team, reporting directly to me," Cook wrote in a note to Apple employees in October.

Having served as the CEO of Burberry, a luxury British brand, since 2006, the process of unwinding at one company and ramping up for the new journey at Apple has been ongoing for Ahrendts. But she is expected to land in Cupertino within the coming weeks.

Source: Express U.K.
    2014-04-07 09:02 PM
    😴.
    2014-04-08 12:49 AM
    Ms. Ahrendts? I'll marry her, I'll even take her name!
    2014-04-08 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD