Touch ID fingerprint sensor is expected to be included in Apple’s all new iPhone and iPad devices this upcoming year. According to KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi-Kuo, shipments of the package will grow to almost 120 million in 2014. He also stated that the company is planning on embedding Touch ID in every device launched this year, except for the iPod. These devices include the dubbed iPhone 6, second-generation iPad Air, and refreshed iPad Mini with Retina display

Strong iOS device sales are expected to grow Touch ID module shipments from approximately 36 million to 120 million in 2014 and 233 million in 2015. The numbers listed represent year-over-year production increases of 233% and 94% respectively. Kuo’s prediction is only one month after code discovered in iOS 7.1 pointed to Touch ID implementation in the iPad. The iPhone 5s was the first to carry fingerprinting scanning technology released last year, and is currently the only product to have advanced biometric security hardware.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-05-27 08:33 AM
    Really? I wonder if this analyst just got paid for this "captain obvious" revelation? And the fact that this made it as a news article is even funnier.
    2014-05-27 05:56 PM
    Really? I wonder if this analyst just got paid for this "captain obvious" revelation? And the fact that this made it as a news article is even funnier.
    +1
    2014-05-27 08:18 PM
    I have a habit of holding my finger on my iPad waiting for it to unlock...
    2014-05-27 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD