At its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple quietly resolved its App Store rules to allow “approved” digital currencies, which has paved the way for Bitcoin-related apps to return. For those of you who didn’t know, Apple began pulling Bitcoin apps from the App Store in February, most notably the popular title “Blockchain” which was utilized by roughly 120,000 users. As it is a peer-to-peer digital, virtual currency, Bitcoin has been met with some resistance in establishing itself as an accepted form of money.

Apple clarified its stance on virtual currencies earlier this month with revised App Store rules issued at WWDC. In its new rules, apps that allow transmission of virtual currencies like Bitcoin must do so “in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions.”

After clarifying its stance, Apple approved a new Bitcoin app, Coin Pocket, which can now be downloaded from the Finance category of the App Store. It’s availability was first noted by the folks over at CoinDesk. With the newly released app, users can send and receive Bitcoin from their iPhone or iPad. The app includes features such as the ability to Sweet Private Keys in HEX, WIF or BIP38 format, a QR code scanner, multiple sources to Bitcoin to US Dollar conversion, and the ability to export BIP38 private key for backup. The app’s description also comes with a disclaimer stating the following:

"Check your state and federal laws on the transmission of Bitcoin or virtual currencies before using the send feature of this app. You are liable for the use of Bitcoin in your jurisdiction."

Source: CoinDesk

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-06-17 06:50 AM
    The app requires 7.1 before one can install,i wont loose my jailbreak for this app i can do without it
    2014-06-17 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD