Next Tuesday, when Apple unveils its first ever wearable device -- the iWatch -- the smartwatch may bring with it a host of cutting edge features spanning everything from NFC technology to phone calling capabilities.

But one attribute that may not receive ample praise is the device's battery life. According to published reports Friday, Apple store employees are bracing for a subpar battery life for the long-awaited wearable.

"In the build-up to the new Apple Watch, it is easy to get seduced by the rumored features. Curved screen! Wireless charging! Jony Ive thinks it’s slick!" says Jessica E. Lessin of The Information. But she is quick to add a caveat.

"I hate to burst everyone’s bubble here," Lessin continues, but "the appeal of the world’s most highly anticipated wearable computer is going to come down to something a lot more mundane: battery life."

As of this writing, it isn't clear what kind of usage time an iWatch owner can expect per charge (hopefully an improvement over the rather pathetic battery of the Moto 360 watch), but we will all but certainly find out next Tuesday.

Source: The Information
    2014-09-05 09:58 PM
    Apple never has gotten a grasp on just how much the consumer hates crappy battery life. I for one have almost switched from the iPhone because of it many a time. Eventually, they may loos their grasp on me. If it's not charged, it doesn't matter how cool it is...it'll just b a cool paper weight.
    2014-09-05 10:04 PM
    The iPad blew everyone away with a 10 hour battery life. So did the original iPhone actually even with the bigger screen. I don't expect anything different. I'm sure they set a goal for what they want it to last for and most likely hit it with how aggressive Apple is.
    2014-09-05 10:31 PM
    Report - Homeless bob said "Maybe they might I dunno kinda it's possible there is a chance but maybe not I'm not sure someone said once but not sure if that source is credible we just have to wait cause its coming out but not sure maybe this year maybe not"

Source: Who knows
    2014-09-05 11:09 PM
    Wireless charging? yeah right. they wont even put it in the iphone I highly doubt they would put in an iwatch.
    2014-09-06 05:40 AM
    All the iCultists that's been bashing on smartwatches and telling us how useless they are will ALL be getting one. Guaranteed! LOL
    2014-09-06 08:34 PM
    If the iWatch isn't some magical **** Tracy-like technology then the whole smartwatch revolution is going to scream to a halt.

That's a lot of money to spend just to avoid taking your phone out of your pocket.

(haha, MMi censored his name. I guess I should say Richard* Tracy)
    2014-09-07 01:13 AM
    If the newly leaked images are any indication of the supposed iWatch, then that thing is gonna be ugly
    2014-09-09 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD