Well, everyone got the name wrong. But they got the product right.

Telling the audience Apple had "one more thing" to reveal (a brilliant tip of the hat to Steve Jobs) Apple then unveiled Apple Watch, calling it an "extremely precise and customizable timepiece."

It's both a comprehensive health and fitness companion and an intimate new way to connect and communicate, Apple says.

Explaining that Apple didn't merely shrink the iPhone interface to fit one's wrist, Apple made a completely original smartwatch that allows for nimble, precise adjustment that can be used without ever obstructing the device's display.

Using the "Digital Crown," users can scroll, zoom, and navigate Apple Watch easily, as the Digital Crown also serves as the home button.

As hotly rumored, Apple Watch delivers a "flexible Retina display." It's laminated to a "single crystal of sapphire," which is the hardest transparent material after diamond, Ive says.

Its driven Apple from the beginning. This compulsion to take incredibly powerful technology, and make it accessible, relevant, and ultimately, personal," Jony Ive is quoted in the video Apple shared during today's presentation.

Pricing and release information to follow. Stay with MMi for more.

Source: Apple
    2014-09-09 09:25 PM
    Well, everyone got the name wrong. But they got the product right.
    That's not an achievement considering MMi reported the iWatch would be revealed prior to every event for the last few years.
    That'd be like saying you predicted the release of the Apple HDTV!
    2014-09-09 09:29 PM
    Well, it's kinda ugly, but sort of beautiful, too. It kinda reminds me of something Daniel Simon would design.

2014-09-09 09:31 PM
    GPS not built in? Needs to be paired with your iPhone? Nope, not going to replace many peoples watch for running/cycling. I'll stick with my Garmin.
    Is it waterproof?
    2014-09-09 09:38 PM
    Apple when will you stop showing up late to the party that you will never win. I dunno maybe their brains are stuck a year behind the rest of the world or something.
    2014-09-09 09:52 PM
    Is it waterproof?
    It is, but not sure for how deep...
    2014-09-09 09:59 PM
    Fugly interface.
    2014-09-09 10:00 PM
    Why, oh why did it have to be square?! I'll admit that a square display will be a little more functional, but I just can't get behind a square display watch. Even when I bought my Garmin running watch I was swayed by the round face. Luckily, it's also one of the best available.

I still don't quite get the "digital crown". Do you literally turn the crown on the side, or do you run your finger in a circle around the display? I didn't get the gist from the descriptions I've read. If you have to grab the physical crown and turn it, I think that's a bad idea. Crowns are small and typically not too comfortable to turn. Having to do that on a watch on your wrist all the time will be terrible.

GPS not built in? Needs to be paired with your iPhone? Nope, not going to replace many peoples watch for running/cycling. I'll stick with my Garmin.
    Is it waterproof?
    I'm right there with you. I just bought a Garmin 220, and a little nervous the Apple Watch might do everything it does just as well for not much more money. But lack of internal GPS is a nail in the coffin for anyone who seriously wants to use it for exercise. If I wanted to take my phone with me on every run, I'd just use any of the dozens of phone exercise tracking apps available. I also question how water proof it will be. I'm sure swimmers won't be able to use it.

Apple when will you stop showing up late to the party that you will never win. I dunno maybe their brains are stuck a year behind the rest of the world or something.
    Yes, if you're not the very first to do something, and even though you could make tons of money from making your own version of that something, why bother?? That's why we only have one maker of every product in the world!

2014-09-09 10:41 PM
    Stop trolling to try to get people to argue with you. If you are not an apple fan why do you hang out so much and post in the forums. Samsung is a perfect example of what rushing to always be the first does. It is a beautiful time piece, but it is way more then that. Just stop coming if all you are going to do is hate. An occasion honest option is one thing but you are posting continuously.
    2014-09-09 11:43 PM
    Ever since I can remember I have worn a wrist watch on my right arm (like many thousands of others) and am not about to change now. To this end, rotating the digital crown will be very difficult and awkward. This is a procedure that generally never needs to be performed with a standard wrist watch whilst still on the arm.

Having said that, the principle is good - but not for me!
    2014-09-10 01:30 AM
    Ever since I can remember I have worn a wrist watch on my right arm (like many thousands of others) and am not about to change now. To this end, rotating the digital crown will be very difficult and awkward. This is a procedure that generally never needs to be performed with a standard wrist watch whilst still on the arm.

Having said that, the principle is good - but not for me!
    I think you'll be fine. And as a lefty who wears a righty watch and mouses with his right hand, there are many of us lefties who have managed to survive
    If you can't, Apple is still taking care of you:

Apple Watch Will Allow Left-Handed Users to Choose Interface Orientation
    2014-09-10 04:41 AM
    That's not an achievement considering MMi reported the iWatch would be revealed prior to every event for the last few years.
    That'd be like saying you predicted the release of the Apple HDTV!
    Nope. Lern tu reed bettur. Their coverage has been very accurate leading up to each event. No prior event have started with the expectation that they would reveal it. We've knowm they were working on it and that was correct.
    2014-09-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD